Rv living

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to be calling around today to rv parks around osyoos bc. The house in edmonton sold and we are going to head for a little warmer weather for the winter while we build or look at other places in stony plain.
Any one have suggestions on decent rv spots for the wife and i also our dog

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing the same next spring. Gonna buy land and build a post structure home. Not sure how living in a camper is gonna go with 3 young boys. But fawk it. We want to be on some land

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to be calling around today to rv parks around osyoos bc. The house in edmonton sold and we are going to head for a little warmer weather for the winter while we build or look at other places in stony plain.
Any one have suggestions on decent rv spots for the wife and i also our dog
Osyoos is not that warm to be camping in the winter. Now I’m sure it’s better then alberta but perhaps salt lk city or Parker. Not waking up to a frozen shitter has its pluses.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife and I lived in our 5th wheel trailer for 7 months while I was renovating our house. Now that it's done, we will sell the trailer to down size.
No longer need a 43 footer

No idea what it's like in Osoyoos..... Good luck in your venture

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did 2 trips there this summer,,, i like Oliver more then the oh-Soys ...

Pretty layed back and flat light days in the winter months...

Last few winter's were Pretty mild,,, chilly at times but not cold like ad...

Just be happy be'ing some where is a hood thing...

Heat tap the plumbing line's just incase

I'm heading there this fall if thing's work out ...

Don

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't need to be somewhere.. Arizona is good, I'll be taking our motorhome down soon leaving there and flying back and forth a few times over the winter, kid is going to school there. Flights are cheap.. like $100 return.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give bc a try this year and maybe Arizona next year. The problem im having is we can’t get through the mointains till late October and having a time trying to find if i need winter tires and chains or just chains. I have all season on the motorhome

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the answer i needed due to the weight i only need chains

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We full time in an RV for the winters (we go to Arizona). We tried Osoyoos and all I have to say is that it gets cold there and you will need skirting on your unit or spend a lot on heating. It can be done and is done by many. PM me with questions I might be able to help.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is our first year doing this the wife and i are talking about doing this for a couple years before we builda house.
I have a couple friends that do osyoos and say it chills off but its not like northern alberta lol.

We talked about Arizona for next winter.
How cold was it getting when you were there
And i fly out of calgary to fort mcmurry

We are in a 33’ class c motorhome with a winter package.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We are in a 33’ class c motorhome with a winter package.
Interesting how they classify things with RV’s.
I have a 4 season and it is an absolute joke. The floor has 2” of insulation and walls are 1.5” thick. In October, it goes through the propane like it was a nice cold beer on one of those hot July days.
Our son has an ultra light and it is the same weight and size of our trailer. Ultra light, haha.....
What does your “winter package” comprise of?

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting how they classify things with RV’s.
I have a 4 season and it is an absolute joke. The floor has 2” of insulation and walls are 1.5” thick. In October, it goes through the propane like it was a nice cold beer on one of those hot July days.
Our son has an ultra light and it is the same weight and size of our trailer. Ultra light, haha.....
What does your “winter package” comprise of?
We have a 5th wheel with 4 inch walls and without skirting we went through propane fast it is the windows that are the problem

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heated tanks and under belly
We have insulated window coverings

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve known a few rig managers who lived in their trailers towed around northern Alberta through the winter. No skirting, but I’m not positive what all was heat traced or how often they’d refill with propane. Arctic Fox and Roughneck were the go to brands it seemed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here on the island there are thousands of people who live all year round in rvs, I've done it myself, very doable and cost effective compared to a house. Lots of snow birds now to with the USA dollar being what it's is,

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If power is included, or cheap, at your site, get some snap-on skirting and put a small space heater or two under the trailer. Works great. Get the analog dial ones (digital space heaters don’t come back on after the power goes out) and if you’re worried about power cost set them to come on at around 3-5 degrees.

Also, measure up your floor and go to the carpet store. Get some leftovers cut up to size and cover your floor. Makes a HUGE difference, especially if you like to walk around in bare feet

And get the fancy heated water hose

Top Bottom