Rocky to nordegg rail line .... Finnaly getting somewhere to make the trail

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Government steped up and not sure if its the rocky town or bighorn atv society [ its a atv group ] that have finnaly got funding and approval to get the trail set up and under way now.... Read it in the western star [ rocky paper ] the other week ...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there is one from about 15 miles west of rocky ( Horberg ) to nordegg. If ya know where and how to go. Lots of carrying trails from deepest of mud to high and dry to steep byotch of hills to crossing train tressals

sent from my htc

Last edited:

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there is one fro about 15 miles west of rocky ( Horberg ) to nordegg. If ya know where and how to go. Lots of carrying trails from deepest of mud to high and dry to steep byotch of hills to crossing train tressals

sent from my htc

Yeah its a great ride with all kinds of terrain. Lots of fun and a challenging ride.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you guys find out who will be building trail? Maybe Snow and Mud can come up with some cash. Government just announced more trail money if they hurray maybe get in on some before its all gone

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for hadster to pipe in.

Haven't seen him on for a bit tho

sent from my htc

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Government steped up and not sure if its the rocky town or bighorn atv society [ its a atv group ] that have finnaly got funding and approval to get the trail set up and under way now.... Read it in the western star [ rocky paper ] the other week ...

Mostly the Clearwater county having the work done and finding the funding, they are getting other government funding to get started. But for now that's it they are doing a parking staging area west of Nordegg just off the trunk road and building a connector trail into Nordegg. Then starting the work east as they can find funds. It will take years to get it done as they are looking at 6 to 10 million $$$. They want it 10 ft. wide with another 3ft. on each side cleared off all bridges with saftey rails and no steep slopes etc. They also want staging areas all along the route & remote camping / picnic areas, & are planning it as a "main spine" trail with other types of trails branching off of it.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you guys find out who will be building trail? Maybe Snow and Mud can come up with some cash. Government just announced more trail money if they hurray maybe get in on some before its all gone

If Snow and Mud is interested in helping out , let me know and i can speak with the County rep. that is looking after this project. My number is 1-403-845-0435.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If Snow and Mud is interested in helping out , let me know and i can speak with the County rep. that is looking after this project. My number is 1-403-845-0435.

we'll be in touch Hadley......

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you make it all the way to Horburg?
No they say it’s close it jack fish lake. Need another bridge put in.
IMG_7646.jpeg
IMG_7645.jpeg

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its coming along nice,,, there's better trails out there then the R-line
What we like about the rail trail is how smooth it is for our daughter. Her spinal cord is very narrow in her neck and has to be careful with activities. Pack a neck brace specifically made for her just in case of something bad happened. Can’t live in a bubble so we try to minimize consequences. If you know of trails as smooth as rail trail I’d love suggestions.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What we like about the rail trail is how smooth it is for our daughter. Her spinal cord is very narrow in her neck and has to be careful with activities. Pack a neck brace specifically made for her just in case of something bad happened. Can’t live in a bubble so we try to minimize consequences. If you know of trails as smooth as rail trail I’d love suggestions.
if you're up for a bit of a drive, Stanger Hills out by Sangudo is coming along VERY nicely.

Top Bottom