Riding Sicamous (Friday & Saturday)

GRD

Reaction score
Is there going to be any other snow&mud members in Sicamous this weekend? A couple of us are leaving tomorrow at 3 am. Hopefully it is a good weekend.
:wtg:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buddy,your going sledding!There is no such thing as a bad weekend!Have a good trip,ride safe!
catmando!

GRD

Reaction score
Your avatar picture looks cool.... I am trying to convince my wife, that selling our quads and buying a new ranger rzr in a good idea!

the Champ

Reaction score
Is there going to be any other snow&mud members in Sicamous this weekend? A couple of us are leaving tomorrow at 3 am. Hopefully it is a good weekend.
:wtg:

Wish I could be there wit ya to help eat up some of the snow...though I'm sure you'll have no problem:Snowmobile1:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Enjoy It Out There G.e.d.

You'll have a blast, so take lots of pics......... Still one of my favourite sleddin' areas. What places are you gonna hit??? weather looks good on the radar!!!;)

GRD

Reaction score
Not sure where we are going to ride... A guy a work with has a cabin there and is going to take us into some locally known spots... I'll take pictures, just may not be able to share the location...

Happy Easter!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Bugs

we are there 14/15 of april and we may go again at the end of april again. Not sure.
we're not goin' to sicamous next weekend, we're goin' to mcbride...... I hope. That's where the reservations are!!! g.e.d. Is saying he is goin to sicamous this weekend. You better re-read the first thread here.:p

GRD

Reaction score
Sicamous ride - past weekend April 6th and 7th

AWESOME!:Happy6:

We rode Owlshead on Friday... The trail had been groomed the night before (sweet - like a highway):woohoo1: . Not a lot of powder, because is was about 20 above, but the wet snow was soft and the clear blue sky was warm....

Saturday we went into Blue Lake.... Again the weather was around 20 above (t-shirt weather). It had also been groomed the night before and the trail in was smooth. We got into a area only known to a few locals.... Untouched and no tracks, incredible... Reminded us of place our group rides near Valemount.

We probed both days and at both locations, there was still well over 8ft of snow left. It the weather stays as warm as it was, who knows how long it will last. The drive from Calgary to Sicamous was fairly short, just over 4 and 1/2 hours.

It was a great trip.... The only thing that would have made it better is if our whole group would have made it.

I took some pictures that I will try and post sometime this evening or tomorrow.

My only thought, is when can I go back!

Last edited:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good to hear you had a good time

Yup, when the weather co-operates, theres no place better than the sicamous area.............. Locals said they'll be sleddin' into june, theres that much snow.... Get those pics on. Still one of my favourite sleddin areas.:d :d

GRD

Reaction score
Pictures

Posted some pictures from the weekend under my gallery.

the Champ

Reaction score
welcome back

Good to hear that you guys guys had an awesome trip...with lots of snow and plenty of sunshine! I can only wish that we were there with you guys, but we'll have to wait until the end of april to spin some snow. Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom