Rescue

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
update
just got the word on our fellow from fri/sat. Broken neck 1,2 and 3 with fragments from 2 lodged in neck. In recover in the vancouver hospital but looks good for full a recovery. Like to thank the grizz for the food and drinks(pop and water) and to all s&r members, but the most thank-you goes out to the paramedics who spent the nite and tended to his injuries. Without their input i am thinking the outcome would have been disasterous for our patient.
It has come to my attention that the head of bsas told the paramedics friday nite they were not allowed to go past the trailhead and to leave it to s&r to get him out. Our team here told head office that was not an option and they were going up no matter what. They where told at this time if they did they were going up on their own and not allowed to use iv or be in bsas uniform. Thank god they chose to ignor the order and go up, because i know i don't know what to do with a broken neck or even if i could have figured it out. I could now that i watched and help but not friday nite.
This is a problem that all of b.c. Is having and we are working on getting a solution before another serious incident like this happens again.

And how would that "head" of BSAS felt if the fellow was permanently disabled or worse yet died of complications, if the paramedics never risked all and went to save a fellow human being........... You got a good team there bbtoys, congrats to you all, and mcbride is lucky to have a S&R team and paramedics like you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-ric

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridehard13

Reaction score
Thanks go out to Search and rescue. My friend Ryan would not be here today with out you guys. He shattered his C2 in his neck. His doctor in Vancouver general has told me that it was a miracle that he wasn't paralyzed or killed. The surgey went well with no compilcations. Today (18th) he took his second set of first steps. Thanks again guys. You will never know how much it means to his friends and family that you were there. We owe you so much. Thanks again and Chris and I will see you in January. Merry X-mas

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy $hit Barry,

Have you had a chance to enjoy the snow yet?

It seems like your running your a$$ off just makin sure all the people and animals get off the mountain safe, on the road you had to fight to keep last spring.

Keep up the great work.

We'll stop by when we're in town in january

Top Bottom