Report coming in 4 days

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out tomorrow to McBride to ride fri/sat/sun. Taking the new girl out for her maiden voyage (07 800 summit). Will post conditions when we get back. :snowmobilers_wave:

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love-it!!

Just got back from sledding McBride. Best visibility conditions for a three day trip that I have ever seen!!. Nothing but sunshine each and every day. The snow was set-up with good base but was a bit windblown especially at Renshaw which meant the upper elevations were a bit crusty (the 'hero' snow for those doing major pulls, was entertaining to watch). That being said, there was plenty of fresh but only 1-2 ft (meadows and tree runs awesome). wasn't flowing over the hood but again, visibility was stellar-period!. The only limitation was how much gas you had...full tanks plus the Jerry-cans and still just makin' it to the parking lot on fumes. For those of us going again next weekend (can you say "back-to-back" trips)....it needs to snow!!!!!! (did a little snow-jig in the garage already). Speaking of excellent conditions, it wasn't even windy in McBride!:cool:.
As for my new sled ( 800 Adrenaline 151 )...WOW does that thing rock for its class, coming from an 03 800 144, it's not even in the same league. What I am trying to say here is I am in a very happy-place.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode McBride for last three days.Horsey Friday,my brother and I spent 1 1/2 hours benching the creek(someone spent a lot more time benching original trail) then had the place to ourselves for about three hours. Rode to the back of the fourth lake and met one of the Snowfarmers and three of his buddies and rode with them for the rest of the day. Untouched powder everywhere,sunny and only 6 sleds. Climbing the creek....not for beginners. Day two was at our favorite area....five of us had to bench final cutblock just to see windblown snow and rocks sticking 5' higher than i've ever seen, good powder in trees but there are rocks everwhere. Not going back till some magor snow falls. Renshaw was great today,snow was just right for some wicked pulls through the trees and you could pretty much climb where you want on open faces. Sunny and warm all three days, friends made it out for Sat/Sun and by chance met some old hunting buddies up Renshaw. If you go farther back in Renshaw there are still areas not tracked but the front and back are starting to get tracked however I have seen it far worse. Three guys taking pictures of climbs, jumps, dropoffs, crashes and digging out sleds.....going to try round up pictures and post as soon as possible.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading up on feb 1 so hoping for a dump, forecast calling for clear skies all week so more snow doesn't look promising, have fingers crossed though

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

Two Of Us Are Heading To Mcbride On The 1st As Well. We Will Be Riding The Renshaw Hope It Snows.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can hardly wait now. Only get to go once a year so I hope there is some good snow left somewhere. See you on Renshaw. Say hi if ya see a blue RX-1, Silver Polaris 800 and Blue Polaris switchback.
Maybe hook up and see some new areas with all you guys.

Mikey

Reaction score
There's a lot of us riding Renshaw this weekend, heading up on the 31st and sledding until Sunday or Monday. Black 2500 GMC with a deck and 2 800 summits! Say Hi if you see us! Anyone else here staying at the Terracana?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

THX GUYS I WILL SAY HI IF I SEE YOU, I AM RIDING A RED 06 SUMMIT 800 WITH A STICKER ON THE HOOD THAT SAYS "KAST" BILLIT WHEELS AND A RISER THAT SAYS "KAST" ON IT WITH RED "TAG" HANDLE BARS. IF YOU GUYS ARE AGRESSIVE RIDERS WE WILL BE GOING WAY BACK PAST SPIRIT LAKE, AS LONG AS THE WEATHER COOPERATES WITH US. ARE FIRST DAY OF RIDING WILL BE FRIDAY, MAYBE SEE YOU AT THE CABIN BEFOR WE HEAD OUT.:nitro: :nitro: :nitro: YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND FRESH POW IN THE RENSHAW IT JUST DEPENDS ON HOW FAR YOU YOU WANT TO GO BACK, AND HOW MUCH GAS YOU HAVE. DOSE ANYONE KNOW HOW NORTH OR SOUTH DORE IS WRIGHT NOW.......

Top Bottom