Powerful Message - please read.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
This needs to be watched by everyone who has the keys to a vehicle ....and to young people BEFORE they get their drivers
license. This is perhaps one of the most INTENSE commercials that I've ever seen and damn well made.

I think Australia should be complemented on having the guts to "tell it like it is" and get this campaign out to
all of its licensed drivers and to air it on TV...it is very moving and very life like…it has a very strong impact.

Not easy to watch...but necessary to watch.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

YouTube - TAC Campaign - 20 year Anniversary retrospective montage "Everybody Hurts" music by REM TV ad

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
If I had feelings, that would be very sad...............

I honestly can not imagine being on either side of the coin, taking a life or having a loved one taken away unnessesarily..... would truely be horrible...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Todd for reminding me when i was young and thought i knew it all how very stupid i was.

Stumpy

Reaction score
Yes that was powerful ! Just doesnt happen when people drink, texting , on cells , it only takes a second i know, one liitle distraction.

I had a split second decision ,and lost my leg , so please lets all play safe .
:(:(

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the worst thing about that ad!!!! you can play it and play it over again and again, people still won't get it and keep doing stupid things and drive !!!! that is the worst part of it all...

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow. My 2 oldest kids had already seen it. When the music came up they instantly knew which video it was. We spent some time talking about driving safety. they are a couple of years away from getting their license hopefully messages like this one will stay with them as they make choices later on in life.

Thanks Todd

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
showed this to my youngest daughter and her friends... one friend knew right away what the video was... my youngest couldn't watch it all

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good eye opener todd. my opinions on the issue are that it will not end ever. could get better but laws need to be stiffer. lower limit etc. mandatory jail on first offence and limit lowered to .04 for example jmo.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, I have to say i've never seen this video before but to say its powerfull is an understatement, it sent chills up my spine. Great post. Now that i have kids it puts things in a whole new perspective.

94fordguy

Excellent post Todd, The sad thing is that every bit of that can happen... and the really sad thing about that is that it's 100% preventable.

thanks for the post

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good video. But as said sadly, to many people will keep doing stupid things, because they don't take responsability for their actions. Until people who kill people driving drunk get charged with murder, etc, things won't change. And drinking and driving is no worse then texting, eating or anything else that makes you not pay attention while driving.

Driving drunk is like closing your eyes and firing a gun in a room full of people, your gambling and eventully going to loose, and don't know how big the loose will be. It's only a matter of time. If you don't take the chance, there won't be a consequence.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've shown that video at work every summer to all of the "new summer" students that come through our doors in between university and making money.

I also send it out to all of my coworkers that have kids just getting there Drivers Licence.

I am one that believes in tell it like it is and this is one video that does that.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the vid but dude didnt they show you vids like that in school? every year there is a big long presintation like that in mine.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
thanks for the vid but dude didnt they show you vids like that in school? every year there is a big long presintation like that in mine.

when most of us went to school the teachers used reel to reel film projectors to show us movies about the industrial revolution.... by high school we had VHS which they transfered the same crappy old movies onto....

you have NO IDEA how quickly things have changed....

When murminator & Dale were in middle school they were still using stone tablet and chisel

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have NO IDEA how quickly things have changed....

Just like the idea that drinking and driving is no longer socially acceptable. Yes, times have changed.

I'm proud to see the younger generation starting to learn this lesson far sooner than many years previous. These days there are more cars and more drivers on the roads, the consequences for making our actions carry far more weight than they did 30 yrs ago.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was ahhhh intense, makes you thankful for groups like MADD to try an stop situations like this,,,,great video

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I sent it to everyone on my e-mail list, including kids. My daughter posted it on facebook.......she said it was an eye opener, and she sent it to all her friends too. I hope the video gives cause for some reflection and ends up saving a life or two.

Top Bottom