Polaris primary Arctic Cat Secondary

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres the deal, Ive talked with a few of you about getting a Polaris P85 primary and mating it with an arctic cat secondary or a team secondary to get the power to the ground on my 670. Im stoked on clutching this cause I believe you guys. My problem is what year p85 is compatible and will they all need to be machined to match the skidoo taper and as far as spring and clickers go how will that be set up? I appreciate any feedback on this because it looks like it is quite involved. Here is what Ive got so far....
(pics to follow)

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#220200794476 auction on ebay for the secondary and the p85 is from a 97 in great shape. Am i on the right track??

Attachments

• f095_1.jpg
    f095_1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 0f18_1.jpg
    0f18_1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 152

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the p85 clutch would have to be machined to match the taper, the reason why guys like the arctic cat roller clutch is because of the easy tuning. you can underdo 3 nuts to change your helix or spring while it is still on the machine. the team clutch is a awesome clutch but is not as easy to tune with. both you can't go wrong with

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you give ken a call at specialty sled he can help you out with what you need to do to the primary clutch to put it on a doo.. we sell them all the time..

xcya

Reaction score
I tried that once but was'nt happy with the belt match up so I put the cat primary and secondary with a cat belt and wow it worked very good. This was on a 583 doo engine in a poo chasey. I think the cat primary works as good as a p85 you just have to know what spring and weights you need to keep your rpms correct.

Top Bottom