Poker Rally....

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey..... McBride...

How'd the poker rally turn out? I hope it was an awesome event... You guys/gals going to post some pictures...(the goofy ones of the zanier antics...)? :D

Like catching bbtoys with chili running down his chin.......

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pictures sorry. There was 167 paid trail passes and only $620 in hands bought. This was my first and last poker rally. To much work and no return. Going to be hard to keep the cabins warm and clean next year with only that much money made on our only fund raiser of the year.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
No pictures sorry. There was 167 paid trail passes and only $620 in hands bought. This was my first and last poker rally. To much work and no return. Going to be hard to keep the cabins warm and clean next year with only that much money made on our only fund raiser of the year.

Hey Barry
The more years you do it the better it gets. We usually make all our money at the dance in Blue. But every year it gets a little bit bigger.

devil

Reaction score

Whats the best way to get ahold of you to donate some money at any time? 'm sure there are people out there that would donate more than just buying trail passes but couldn't make it for various reasons. We didn't go that weekend because my grandparents just didn't want to be there on a really busy weekend with the rally so we are going this weekend.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Barry

What's the address and name of McBride's club...? You know, for donations...

Hmmmm, maybe you'll need to get some Amsoil girls up there... :D :D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail passes are all for the groomer(private contractor). It is a bid contract to groom our trails so as a club we do not get any of those fees. If you are interested in a corporate donation the club will be taking those in the up coming year. I feel I can most likely talk some local company's out of a few $$ as they do benifit from you guys and gals spending your happy $$ in our town Thanks.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another idea... how hard would it be to make metal locking donation boxes and install them in each cabin.

People always have some change/money on them... ;)

The trail passes are all for the groomer(private contractor). It is a bid contract to groom our trails so as a club we do not get any of those fees. If you are interested in a corporate donation the club will be taking those in the up coming year. I feel I can most likely talk some local company's out of a few $$ as they do benifit from you guys and gals spending your happy $$ in our town Thanks.

flatlandguy

Reaction score
Another idea... how hard would it be to make metal locking donation boxes and install them in each cabin.

People always have some change/money on them... ;)

As good an idea as that is, there is always some SOB who will rip a steel box off a wall just in case it has 20 bucks in it!!:( I have seen some at other locations but it opens up another can of worms. That being said, I would gladly build a couple of boxes for free if you want to try that Barry.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That thought did cross my mind.... 1" angle iron frame bolted through the wall, box made of 1/8" plate steel & welded... heavy duty lock & hings

If the box does not work.... 300 win mag /w 200 grains would slow him down a great deal...

I guess its the donation route.....

I guess they could try the poker rally agian, just plan it for a long weekend when we know there will be a ton of sledders out.... as one of the replies said... they keep getting better with each year...

As good an idea as that is, there is always some SOB who will rip a steel box off a wall just in case it has 20 bucks in it!!:( I have seen some at other locations but it opens up another can of worms. That being said, I would gladly build a couple of boxes for free if you want to try that Barry.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had enough sledder's, 167 paid riders, nobody wanted to spend any money. Thats the way it goes, I guess. Any more riders and it could get crouded. They just needed to spend an extra $10.00 per person any we would have been all right.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That thought did cross my mind.... 1" angle iron frame bolted through the wall, box made of 1/8" plate steel & welded... heavy duty lock & hings

If the box does not work.... 300 win mag /w 200 grains would slow him down a great deal...

I guess its the donation route.....

I guess they could try the poker rally agian, just plan it for a long weekend when we know there will be a ton of sledders out.... as one of the replies said... they keep getting better with each year...
Use 6" square tubing 12" long, plate welded on top and locked on the bottom works like a charm, weight makes it a PITA to steal.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... BBtoys...

I heard you had another long night... how are you? Going to have to start calling you the man of steel.... ;)

if you don't mind.... "post the address to Mcbride's club with attention to" and I'll send a cheque...

We had enough sledder's, 167 paid riders, nobody wanted to spend any money. Thats the way it goes, I guess. Any more riders and it could get crouded. They just needed to spend an extra $10.00 per person any we would have been all right.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a long nite, 2:30 this am before I got home, but at least it wasn't me in the emergency skimmer all broken up. Donations address is my house but not this year. Season is almost done but will think about it for the 2009 sledd'n season, and thanks alot for the offer.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay... let's keep in touch through the summer and go from there...

Yes a long nite, 2:30 this am before I got home, but at least it wasn't me in the emergency skimmer all broken up. Donations address is my house but not this year. Season is almost done but will think about it for the 2009 sledd'n season, and thanks alot for the offer.

Top Bottom