pics from Golden, easter weekend

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Golden area Friday and Sat. Rented the little lady a Phazer and for her first time in the mtns, she made it pretty high up in Quartz. I had to try that yammy but man are those 500's ever gutless. I had to highjack other tracks to get up where I wanted to go. A couple locals brought us out on Sat to some untouched snow and had a great day in the sun. Got some video I'll work on later.

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 247
  • r2.JPG
    r2.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 251
  • r3.JPG
    r3.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 252
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 251
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 253

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a short video together but you'll have to forgive my l'il lady's filming. She hardly zoomed in at all. Click on link, then golden-easter.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She tipped it once and I rolled it over but all it did was puke out oil!! I would never buy a four stroke for that reason.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
video link is a couple posts up Sledbunny, but it lost alot of quality uploading.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xtremegriz by your comments you would not purchase a four stroke sled but I am wondering what your opinion is on the Phaser light for a light weight sled for a women or teen???? Someone who would not be doing any extreme riding by that I mean the sled would highly unlikely be rolled.

Billy Boy:cool:

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The phazer did feel very light and was easy to move around. I played around in the trees in a flat area and could carve easily. But it was very tippy with the 14" wide track. Maybe I'm just used to a 2-stroke but the phazer just didn't seem to rev high enough. Perhaps the rental shop had it tuned down. Another thing I did not like was the clutch is completely sealed. It has no vents and I imagine would get very hot. I think if I were to get the girlfriend a sled it would be a 600 Rev.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rich
Did Kent make it out on the trip? Great video looks like I may miss out on going on a sled trip with you guys this year....damn work! That is one thing I for sure don't like on the 4 stroke is when there are up side down they puke out oil.:(

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Darren,sounds like your busy! No Kent and Chris were both working and I had an Itch to go. When are you around again? I have a trip planned for the 3rd or 4th of April for a couple days and then again on the Frisby opening. After that the Sled is going in for some work.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rich
I wil be back on the 2nd of april for 2 weeks. Not sure if I 'll be riding on my days off have to take care of some stuff I hope I can make it we will see. If I can make it it would be for the 3rd/4th trip.

Top Bottom