New to the site and a question ?

Loadie

Reaction score
Hello all .... great site have been lurking for a while and have found a lot of good stuff . I currently have a '11 M8 and a '11 Mudpro 1000 (Bleed pretty green). What would be a suggestion for a youth sled ? Wanna stick my 12 year old on something this winter ? He dirt bikes now and I am looking for a sled .... any suggestions ??

Glen

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:welcome: enjoy the camaraderie and the banter.

PS as for a sled, there are a lot of pros and cons out there. If he is a responsible rider I wouldn't hesitate to put him on an 800 from the get go. Our grandson started on an 800 at that age, maybe earlier and man does that boy ride. I know there will be lots of rebuttal but that's life. Good luck.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Glen

I am sure you could find a left over M6 for your boy at Ralph's. I think they have 1 left there.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey good first post!

I've been wrestling with this same problem (three boys, oldest is 11). I'm not all that in favor of putting a kid on a 800 class sled. Problem is the manufactures don't build anything for that market segment. Light enough for the kid to handle, but strong\powerful enough to be worth while buying! I've got him on an older 440 Polaris, but not really reliable enough to take to the mountains for the weekend. Good luck in finding a late model, low mile, smaller sled. They are a hard find and then the guy that has one knows it, and they can ask for basically what they paid for it!

Dealers and\or factory reps may want to post up here! What are we going to do to introduce our younger generation to the great sport of sledding if there's no bracket between a 120 and 550f class sled?

Top Bottom