New Rider Ride / Guide Ride? (30th-1st)

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody is willing to head out this weekend and show me the ropes, as well as act as a guide. Maybe a bunch of new riders want to hit the trails to learn together? Hopefully have a bunch with decent avy training to help inform others as well.

New to sledding and never been riding out in the mountains. I know that doesn't add up to anything good but you have to start somewhere. With my limited experience in avalanche training I'd just be sticking to the flats and learning the machine. I could be the baggage carrier. I've read multiple online seminar's, but nothing formal and no hands on avalanche beacon training. Will have equipment though.

Have GPS, have good skills riding motorcycles and sea-doo's, but never been on a sled for more then a couple hundred meters. Wanting to learn and my buddy who was going to help me out got called to work.

Let me know. Looking to go this weekend at some point. Most prefered is 30-1st.

If it matters I'm a very mature 25yr old. Could bring DSLR's to capture some good pictures!

Quinn

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to sledding, a big difference from riding the flats to riding in the mountains. I think most guys won`t have a problem bringing along one or two new guys but more than that and it can get to be a baby sitting job. If you can, drive up with someone in a truck and pick their brain for awhile. You can easy practise using your Beacon with someone elses beacon. Have a friend hide his and you can use yours to find it, Not the same as having to walk up an incline but its a start. Remember in the hills to NOT stop up hill. Alot of times the gas is your friend over the brake or slow speeds, and learn how to counter steer.

Top Bottom