missing gps

solorider

Reaction score
On Dec 08/07 I was at The Renshaw staging area getting ready for a fun day
of riding. Doing the all the checks- pole,beacon,gps. I laid them on our
trailer.Well we all fired up and away we went. Well about half way up I realized that I did not grab everything off of the trailer, leaving behind my gps
on the trailer. My bud told me not to worry that we are all sledders and we
would not take from one another.
Well he was wrong. I would like to thank the person who took the gps off of the trailer for tarnishing a nice thought that we all are somewhat of a family.
Just thought everyone should know this has happened and could happen to anyone.:nono::nono::eek:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you GPS, I kind of doubt it was a fellow sledder, but you never know about the "bad apples in the bushel", but it may of been someone scouting the staging area, i'm a firm beliver if it's not locked up or chained down there is a good chance it will grow legs and walk away.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of GPS was it that someone else figured they needed it more? Or they thought it was not morally wrong to steal from a fellow sledder.....:rant:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That absolutely sucks. A little of topic but some should put a tracking device on a sled and do some baiting. I bet it wouldn't take too long before there was a bite.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is actually not a bad Idea, I know they do it for cars, but if the Rcmp started doing this with a truck(ford, highly targeted by theives) and sled trailer as bait, this may reduce the chance of someone loosing their investment in high toy theft areas.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would mean the RC's would have to actually spend some time at the hill. We all know that never happens. Here's to hopeing.....

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would sure help the sport and I would be first in line if someone had the know how. I betting it is a repeat offender that is visiting the staging areas on a regular basis.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lots of losers out there that wouldn't think twice about picking up a GPS off a trailer if they thought no-one was watching. Just because a guy(or gal) has a sled doesn't mean he(or she) has any integrity. Funny thing about people like that though, is that they seem to tend to brag to their friends, some of which may be members of this forum....hopefully.........

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had 5 R.C.M.P. officers at Lucille today and they were riding so they do go out sometimes. I lost my camera today on the hill, but nobody has seen it yet and there was 5 of them to help, still no camera. At least it wasn't stolen, just idiot owner not zipping pocket closed. So no one to dish in this post.

solorider

Reaction score
hey crazy rider my gps was or I mean is a Garmin, extrail and is brown in color, and as for the ideas that everyone else had about the R.C.M.P.
well that would be great .
now on to better things like I am going to the Renshaw again on the weekend of the Feb.16,th. Could any tell me what it is like to ride to the meadows and the anthills. I will be taking the turn off at the 23 klm. turn off to get there.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alittle rough ride in and you wont be dissapointed,A big area with less traffic!
catmando!

Top Bottom