Local Ride (Edmonton)

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is anyone going to be riding on sunday around the edmonton area??

of can someone recommend good spot to go do some ditch banging or even trail riding??

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Local Ride

is anyone going to be riding on sunday around the edmonton area??

or can someone recommend good spot to go do some ditch banging or even trail riding??

thanks

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Local Ride

Dont think their is enough snow for that yet.
For edmonton that is.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yeah I kinow, was just that glimmer of hope that someone would say 45 minutes up highway 63 towards fort mac there is a lots of snow, or west down the trans canada, but that would be hoping for a miracle.

why has it not snowed yet??

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yeah I kinow, was just that glimmer of hope that someone would say 45 minutes up highway 63 towards fort mac there is a lots of snow, or west down the trans canada, but that would be hoping for a miracle.

why has it not snowed yet??
because you keep thinking about it like me

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fort Mac has enough snow but you have to drive on highway 63 to get here, 3 people died on Saturday in 3 different traffic collisions. And it smells bad up here, better to go to the Mountains

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rode around the boyle area, snow got better the more north you went, tons of other sleds out on sunday.
last night had the summit going in the field behind my place.
feels good to ride, my buddy ryan has already put on 230 miles

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rode around the boyle area, snow got better the more north you went, tons of other sleds out on sunday.
last night had the summit going in the field behind my place.
feels good to ride, my buddy ryan has already put on 230 miles

So you saying Boyle area is the good place to go right now? Ditches or otherwise? Where is your buddy Ryan riding?

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to ride or knows a good place around edmonton im up for it

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Robb/Cadomin area would likely be your best bet!
catmando!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode around north edmonton yesterday, snow wasn't that great, but riding is riding, just went north up 97th. lots of tracks already there. don't go on the sturgeon, my brother thought it would be thick enough as there was tracks, but he fell through, Good thing that it was shallow. Sleds are heave when water logged.LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Newfee

Reaction score
hey im goin out along the yellowhead west of spruce grove tomorrow(saturday) to give it a go, probably run out towards alberta beach (lac st anne) area. I see alot of tracks so my time to try out the summit. hope to see someone out there

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I am for riding on Saturday and Sunday. I am will to do a little driving to get out. I am new to the area so I am open to where we go. I herd that the grassland , smokey lake area or even Barhead has a good amount of snow. LEt me know if anyone is going out. I just bought a new 08 Apex 40th anniversery and would like to get out on it.

hardcorex

Reaction score
prior to the snow we got yesterday and today there was about 8 inches of snow arund the skeleton lake area(boyle). there is alot of trails up there that join lake to lake. there is about 8 inches of ice on most lakes up there.could be a hoot!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm game for a ride this weekend. Might try and get out to Smokey Lake tomorrow. My Dad has a farm on the edge of town that has the trail go right past it. He said the trails are fairly decent with only the odd rock showing through in spots. I bet heading North on the trail toward Cold Lake would be best as most of the snow seems to be North East.

Long Lake is always fun too if there is enough snow. Ice should be good by now, just have to watch the stream/creek in and outs.

pld0vr

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've only been in Edmonton a year and just bought a snowmobile a couple days ago.

I have no idea where I can take this thing out locally. Any ideas? I see a few of you mention some areas, but I'm not familiar enough to know where those are, so some specific directions would be awesome.

Thanks!

bigblock600

Reaction score
the riding is not too bad out here in Bon Accord. you can find 8 inches in some places, and theres some pretty good drifts on the tree lines. just half an hour north of edmonton on hwy 28

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a couple from Bonnyville today. They said tons of snow up that way.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sunday went right out of the yard in castle wood, rode to bon accord, then west and back, found some really good ditches when we headed west.

Top Bottom