Just learned how to text: How did I do?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got these from a buddy, unbelievable no one was seriously hurt!

Attachments

• ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 230
  • ATT00002.jpg
    ATT00002.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 231
  • ATT00003.jpg
    ATT00003.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 237
  • ATT00004.jpg
    ATT00004.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 234

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats crazy...........Makes me think of those new cables they installed along the highway,they will create some pics Im sure.The most retarded thing they could have done,Now rather than sliding in the ditch you get to springboard back into traffic with a totalled car!
catmando!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats crazy...........Makes me think of those new cables they installed along the highway,they will create some pics Im sure.The most retarded thing they could have done,Now rather than sliding in the ditch you get to springboard back into traffic with a totalled car!
catmando!
I noticed them this summer, are they to prevent vehicles from wiping out and going into the opposing lanes, or to stop people from going through the ditch to go back the other way? that's a lot of cable they strung up there, I was thinking "man, that would be a sweet contract...." lol...

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed them this summer, are they to prevent vehicles from wiping out and going into the opposing lanes, or to stop people from going through the ditch to go back the other way? that's a lot of cable they strung up there, I was thinking "man, that would be a sweet contract...." lol...

Yeah the lobbying to get that fence built was definitely a joint effort between the contractor that gets to repair the fence 5 or 6 times a week and your friendly neighborhood autobody shop!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got these from a buddy, unbelievable no one was seriously hurt!

I think I would use a trailer if I was hauling that much guardrail. At least put a red flag on the end of it so nobody runs into it.:d

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yikes is right. Two weeks ago on the way to the Calgary show a red sports car hit that fence and flipped into the traffic going North back to Edmonton. The car ended up creaming the back tires of a semi trailer, knocking the axle off. There was a second truck beside him who ended up in the ditch jackknifed. The car was on fire when we drove by, no emergency personal or cops yet. We seen the ambulances heading out with Stars on route as well. Heard they had serious injury's but not life threatening.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes is right. Two weeks ago on the way to the Calgary show a red sports car hit that fence and flipped into the traffic going North back to Edmonton. The car ended up creaming the back tires of a semi trailer, knocking the axle off. There was a second truck beside him who ended up in the ditch jackknifed. The car was on fire when we drove by, no emergency personal or cops yet. We seen the ambulances heading out with Stars on route as well. Heard they had serious injury's but not life threatening.

Works good :eek:

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was wondering if that might happen if you hit that fence at speed. Hope no one was hurt!

Mud Mum

Reaction score
:eek: It's a good thing no one was in the passenger seat.

As for the median on QE2, can you imagine if that was one long cable :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just want to say the median cable system works great. in my various trips to calgary i have seen it save 2 peoples lives. one a uhaul van that went flying towards the other direction and the cables redirected him back straight down the ditch. and the second was an integra...not sure what he did but hit it almost straight on and it set hm straight

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando!

Actually I just finished a 3 hour training class on the cables for emergency responders.

The vehicle should stay along the cable after it is hit.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is some information

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSi4XkSHiFM[/media]

Also

MDOT - Guardrail

If anyone needs more information please let me know.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
good info......

I'm going to check out stock prices on the 5 appoved system providers.... :)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando!

our company's transportation dept designed and implemented the cable median system along Deerfoot in Calgary. Cable median barriers are far more progressive and are recognized as having significant crossover crash reduction stats, as maxwell has witnessed first hand. They have received national and international recognition for traffic safety, many places are copying the designs used here in Alberta. They are not cable tensioned like a suspension bridge, they are only designed to absorb impact, not re-direct your car like a tennis ball.

Albertans should be very proud of the cable barriers, this was a huge step forward in barrier technology from conventional post and rail, and really the government should be commended for using leading edge technology to reduce traffic crossover fatalities. They were very much proactive instead of reactive when it came to using cable barrier designs.

google cable median barriers if you want to know more.
just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom