Hotels hosting UFC

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is quite a large fee for a bar to order the pay per view.

I know the small bar in Calmar had to pay $800 for the fight, so it is a large fee, but it sounds like many are interested so it could be done. Either I PVR the fight while im gone sledding for $50 or I give that to the bar, doesnt matter to me.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there will be at least 7 of us... AND CAPERS GROUP AND SHOWTIMES GROUP.... HMMM, WE'LL BE TAKING UP MOST OF THE BAR? LOL

Yup, i'm in....there 3 in our group so far, possible more if they get there sh*t together. I just download a file today for my sat.:d, maybe we have to host the fight in someone's pimped out sled hauler, we do it all the time camping with a portable dish on a stand and a reciever.

If it is around $800 buck it wouldn't take long to reach that if we each pitched $50bucks.

Ric $50X7= $350
Showtime $50x3=$150
Powderhoud $50x2=$100
not to mention the others that would pay at the door!!!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, i'm in....there 3 in our group so far, possible more if they get there sh*t together. I just download a file today for my sat.:d, maybe we have to host the fight in someone's pimped out sled hauler, we do it all the time camping with a portable dish on a stand and a reciever.

If it is around $800 buck it wouldn't take long to reach that if we each pitched $50bucks.

Ric $50X7= $350
Showtime $50x3=$150
Powderhoud $50x2=$100
not to mention the others that would pay at the door!!!!!
There is three in our group, so can we make something happen?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called the giggling grizzley and asked them about sat night, they have both starchoice and bell, they sound interested in providing the fight to us, they are going to call me back tonight.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called the giggling grizzley and asked them about sat night, they have both starchoice and bell, they sound interested in providing the fight to us, they are going to call me back tonight.

NICE!!!!!!! Count me and two buds in for the fight guaranteed, AVID fans. Let me know what they say.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The grizz is In!! And sound excited to host this for us, She wasn't sure what the cost per person was going to be, or when the fight started, I think it's 7 PT, My dish will not let me look that far ahead.
Plus there is a poker game being held there that same night for those interesed in that and not the fight.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the griz got the ufc fight and did not charge any cover charge.. we went around and got donations to help with cost, Then one of the owners went over and hit the gong and bought a round for the bar which cost him a fair bit more than what e raised let alone the cost of the pay-per-view.. the people at the griz are some really good people..

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the griz got the ufc fight and did not charge any cover charge.. We went around and got donations to help with cost, then one of the owners went over and hit the gong and bought a round for the bar which cost him a fair bit more than what e raised let alone the cost of the pay-per-view.. The people at the griz are some really good people..

yup, i agree glen.... That is a great place, better food, and even better people. Glad they played the fights, as there were some gooders... The donation hat was a good idea, as we would have had to pay shaw at home to watch them anyways. Thank-you JOE for ringing the gong for the round....... We'll be back, and again, thanks!

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yep, I was shocked at the generosity of the peeps at the Griz...I collected $450.00 in that Yellow Sledbunnyracing hat.
First class group of riders in the pub. My hat goes off to all of you.
And to Joe (one of the owners)for:
1. Buying a round for the bar
2. For driving some fellow members and their Sled Rig home (Don't drink and drive).

Top Bottom