Horsey Creek Area

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Horsey Creek today, Jan 21. The trail up was great except for going up the creek. At the top of the creek you had to ride up a tricky shute. At the top you have to dodge a few trees then we noticed the trail ended there. I was riding with Summit, Rooster, Stevo and O-Rock from the website. Stevo and O-Rock have been there before so they knew to ride to the top and over then there is a good sidehill. So we kept on going, we had to cut the trail. It was great, about 2 1/2' powder, we couldn't go in too far because it was pretty socked in but we had alot of fun. This would be a sweet spot on a sunny day where you could see where you were going. There is plenty of area's to hi-mark, climb, boon dock and just ride around here. The trail up is not a goomed trail and is a little tougher to get up expecially the creek, I would recommend some mountain experience before heading into this area but when you do its well worth it. Once we were up the top of the trail and played a bit alot of other sledders showed up there was about 40 sledders there. Thanks alot to Stevo and O-Rock for showing us this sweet place..
I will be posting pics shorly

RON

Stevo

Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it, Ron. Too bad the visibility was so bad.

You only saw about 5% of the riding area.;)

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Pics Posted

I have now posted pics for the members to view. If your not a member register now and you can view user pictures and post your own in the photo gallery.. You can view the pics here

And Stevo well have to go in there someday when the weather is nice, but I sure would'nt want to cut the trail up the creek from the bottom.. That would be harder than than that place we took you to.

Im not sure if I mentioned that this is an ungroomed trail and is for the riders that have some mountain experience.

RON

HIGH ALTITUDE

Reaction score
We Were Up There Too. Looks Like We Were Parked In Front Of Your Truck On The Road. I Had The Red Summit X, Riding With A Black X And Mountain Max. On A Clear Day Horsey Creek Would Be Perfect. There Are A Couple Other Spots The Locals Have Showed Us That No One Goes Too, Their Secret Places. One Only Has Access In The April Similar To Horsey Creek. The Other Is A Long Ride 30km In But Worth It. I Don't Want To Mention Them On The Site Because Then It Won't Be A Well Kept Secret And Everyone Will Be There. By The Way Great Site.
Carman

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big??

went to Horsey area late last season, but creek trail was so iced-up, couldn't make it up at all. how big is the area once you get to the other side? compared to Lucille for example?.

GRD

Reaction score
Horsey Creek

I have been to Horsey Creek a couple of times. A good place to ride. Looks like the light was terrible. You had some good pictures though.

I always get the areas mixed up in Valemount, and when I see pictures I remember where they are again!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Horsey Creek

I have seen a few sleds in the creek on the way up to the top, Trail up can give one somewhat of a challenge on different days. I would not take any new riders there..... Long ride into just to track off into the creek.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falling into one of those creek craters will probably plan out your afternoons activities:surrender: ,ohhh yaaaa...score one for the hill.

Stevo

Reaction score
I have seen a few sleds in the creek on the way up to the top, Trail up can give one somewhat of a challenge on different days. I would not take any new riders there..... Long ride into just to track off into the creek.

We took two noobs in there last weekend. No big problems on the trail, except for when Karl fell off his sled.;) The turn and sidehill out at the end of the creek bed is trickier than the creek bed.

The trail up the creek bed is far straighter and easier than I've seen it in past years. Just need to be prepared to shovel a bit if you come to any trenched areas.

Falling into one of those creek craters will probably plan out your afternoons activities:surrender: ,ohhh yaaaa...score one for the hill.

I broke through coming down the trail last year. The ski stuck and I went over the bars.

Reaction score
Horsey Creek INFO

Just have a few questions about horsey creek how far off the highway tell staging area? and how far of a sled ride up trail to get to alpine? so we can pack gas.

Stevo

Reaction score
Just have a few questions about horsey creek how far off the highway tell staging area? and how far of a sled ride up trail to get to alpine? so we can pack gas.

This year the road in is not plowed back more than 150m from the highway, so that's where you park. We've had to park on the west side of the highway on another crossroad if there was someone parked on the east side.

I've never checked the mileage but it's not too far. 25km to alpine at the most.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Horsey

Yeah it's 25 kms to the alpine. Thanks to Stevo and o-rock for showing us the way 3 weeks ago.Great place.
Steve:D

Top Bottom