Helmet camera

bcham5

Reaction score
i use the go pro Hd and it works awesome, but it does not have the review screen that the pov has

cyclejerk

Reaction score
GoPro is developing an optional LCD screen attachment not sure if it is ready or when, but it will make their camera even better!

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the gopro and pickin up a gopro HD right away. I love it for what it has cost me it has been everywhere and no problems. Sledding, quading, snowboarding, gokarts, downhill mountain biking, on the motorcycle, on a friends late model, a 460 sprint, and the list continues. Even had it on the nitro RC. The screen will be a huge plus.

belch22

Reaction score
I have the GoPro HD Motorsports camera, its an amazing camera and has wicked quality. Most definately worth the bucks....

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the goPro look a little bulky, or is it just the pictures on the internet lol.

The GoPro looks bigger in pictures than it actually is. At least that’s what I thought when I got mine. Don’t know its there when it is mounted on my helmet. Very light.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes some neat still picture too.
GOPR0016.jpg

GOPR0142.jpg

GOPR0131.jpg

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the ContourHD 1080p. Nice and small. Really nice picture too. It has a pretty good selection of mounts. I was looking at the Vio POV, I wasn't too keen on the control pack that you had to carry around with you. Although you are able to line up your shot a lot easier with it.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the GoPro HD , the thing i like about it. I set it to shoot every 10 seconds. Turn it on and forget about it till the battery dies or 1000 pics later i change cards. Yes it is easy to forget you have it on and get 100 pics of the dash of the sled while you stop for a drink

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the GoPro HD , the thing i like about it. I set it to shoot every 10 seconds. Turn it on and forget about it till the battery dies or 1000 pics later i change cards. Yes it is easy to forget you have it on and get 100 pics of the dash of the sled while you stop for a drink

It’s funny what you said taking picture of your dash. When I took the pictures above I thought I had the camera set on video. About 15 minuets into the ride I discovered I had 780 pictures! Had it set to take a picture every 2 seconds. I’m glad I made the mistake because I got some really nice photos, and I wouldn’t have tried it otherwise. Since then I’ve used the still picture feature a couple of times.:beer:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s funny what you said taking picture of your dash. When I took the pictures above I thought I had the camera set on video. About 15 minuets into the ride I discovered I had 780 pictures! Had it set to take a picture every 2 seconds. I’m glad I made the mistake because I got some really nice photos, and I wouldn’t have tried it otherwise. Since then I’ve used the still picture feature a couple of times.:beer:

When i got mine i has no real way of testing how the picture would turn out beside , taking it outside and just clicking the button.... The i had the thought " The office cleaners will be in tonight"

Best to go through the factory presets ;)

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I use the ContourHD 1080p. Nice and small. Really nice picture too. It has a pretty good selection of mounts. I was looking at the Vio POV, I wasn't too keen on the control pack that you had to carry around with you. Although you are able to line up your shot a lot easier with it.

the cable is nice when you take a huge bail, havnt lost the camera yet but been through some big tumbles.

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife bought me the GoPro Hero 1080 P HD camera. It has unbelievable quality. It has more of a fish eye effect and picks up wide angle shots well. For climbs, it does not show how steep it is unless you are on some 60% stuff and up. She has made a few videos and they turn out great. Very good quality and alot of mounts to put where ever you want. If you do get a large card, ensure you get a extra battery, they only last about 2 hours in the cold for sledding and that wont fill your card. Anyway, I love mine, it works great!!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i was thinkin too, the cable would be a benefit. you take a hard bail you may loose the thing in the snow, or if it just fell off its mount.

to me the vio looks more durable, i do alot of tree work and it needs to take a hit haha branches and all. i like the fact that the military uses it as well, shows alot about the product.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a picture from a GoPro ,. set a 960 not the 1080 it can do

Attachments

• GOPR0018.jpg
    GOPR0018.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom