Griffon from 3 valley gap

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Has anyone been up this side, this year?

Will be bringing my oldest daughter along this year for her first ride ever in the mountains.

Have no issues with the youngest daughter as she rides hard and can break trail with the best of us, but will only head up to the meadows if there has been someone else in there as I do not want her first ride to be shovel fest.

The access through the trees is always a blast but woul be nice for her if she could follow the trail as we punch around in the trees.

Thanks for any replies.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Hey Greg. Were do you get into Griffon. Herd about it, but never been in their yet. Is it on the way to Three Valley gap. And when you come around the lake at the wide spot you have to pull over and then cut across the hiway to get into as the safe way of entering.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Nope!

If yah have not been in there, best to go with a guide as you ride the cliffs in some sh@@t area. If it closes in yah have to know exactly where to go or chance the steep cliffs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 .... u need some one that knows where they are goin..... good area tho... been a few years since i have been there.....

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four of us rode Griffin on Fri,17th and two of us on Sat. 18th. On Friday, we were the only ones in there all day and no one had been in there since before the last big dumps. We were breaking trail in approx. 2-3 feet of powder with sunshine all day. Absolutely epic. We returned Saturday. Many other riders in there and the snow had settled a fair bit, but the area is so huge, we were still able to ride untouched powder all day.

Griffin is no good until late March, you should'nt go there! - D8Grandpa

D8, no offence, but I beg to differ.:)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddies were the ones in on saturday they are some local guys one is a heli pilot said it was sick we broke into an area about 2 hours from revy wont say were and were the only guys in there all day in 2-3 feet of pow only 1 other group in there this entire year try and guess were this spot is :d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup we were up in that copper queen mine area up the lebeau cr. back in trout only 1 group punched in so far and the locals were sayin that the other areas havent seen anyone in them yet

Last edited:

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High Velocity, you obviously didn't read between the lines. Other than a couple of locals no one has spent more days on this area than me, and I don,t wait until march. I just don,t like to share the fresh lines. And for the record I was there on the weekend and I was the only group putting fresh lines in the good stuff!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet we find the good pow today!

Leaving now and will let ya know how the conditions are!

I must miss all you folks when I ride there!

kimrick, I hear ya on missing folks. It's such a large area, you can always find a "private" spot to ride. It's very easy to get away from the crowds.

EDIT: Has there been any fresh snow this week ? If not, the untouched must be very settled by now.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Started snowing ib town at about 2:30 in the afternoon and was still snowing at 01:30 this morning.

Will let yah know how the day is today. Lots of starts at 06:30 this morning with a couple of clouds.

Griffon was great with lots of untracked. Heading to Boulder today.

Top Bottom