golden break-ins?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if the break-ins are still happening. i have stayed out of golden since i heard of these this year, but would like to go back. anybody know whats up? last i heard the fee collectors were to be staying longer, has that happened and / or helped?
thanks for any info....

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Hello Darcy,

Thank you for your email and understandable apprehension about the safety of your equipment at our snowmobile area trailheads after these incidents. I will forward your email to the Golden Snowmobile Grooming Society for them to respond to your concerns. I understand some security guidelines have been put into place to by the Golden Snowmobile Grooming Society, I hope these security guidelines will be enough for you to reconsider the change of snowmobile locations.

Sincerely,

Ruth Kowalski

Ruth Kowalski Manager

Kicking Horse Country Chamber of Commerce

500 – 10th Ave North Box 1320

Golden BC

Toll Free 1-800-622-4653

Telephone 250-344-7125

Fax 250-344-6688

www.goldenchamber.bc.

I sent an e-mail with my concerns and this was the reply I got. Everyone should send an e-mail with thier concerns, we need numbers to be affective.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at golden between xmas and new years never heard of anything happing,hope its stopped. I am sure they are doing there best to not let happen as people do stay longer.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode quartz today and when paying i asked the guy if he was staying all day and he said yes so i payed 20 bucks and got back to the truck at 430 and he was still there so i guess there trying to help solve the b&e`s.and the parking lot was fullllll

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Thanks for the update...and that's really good news.
Would hate see an area suffer because of a few creeps breaking into our vehicles.
rode quartz today and when paying i asked the guy if he was staying all day and he said yes so i payed 20 bucks and got back to the truck at 430 and he was still there so i guess there trying to help solve the b&e`s.and the parking lot was fullllll

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHERE WERE THE BREAKINS??? DID THEY SAY??? OR JUST URBAN LEGEND.

One was at quartz and another was out at silent pass. But they apparently caught up to one guy at the store in golden using the stole card.I hope some one catches these kids/crack head/ guys. Golden is fun but i dont want this happening to anyones truck.

.08rider

Reaction score
We were there on the 27th and two guy's pulled into the parking lot at Quartz in a white Chevy 2500 silverado with no sled. We were just unloading an gearing up. I watched them untill we were ready to leave up the trail they were still there, watching me. So i asked at the trail pass booth, he said he would keep an eye on them and that he would be there untill 4:30. As we were leaving for the trail they pulled away.I forgot my camera when we were up to about km 13 so I turned around went to go get it,the white chevy was back there but with no one in it. Had a look around found two guys walking from behind the trail booth not carring anything, but there were lots of trucks and trailers where they were. So i stoped them before they got back into their truck, they were not the cleanest cut guy's I ever met. I told them I had a picture of their truck and plate, and if there were any problems with any vehicle when I came down I would be forwarding my picture of their truck and plate to the RCMP. I still have a picture of the truck and plate number (BC plate), if anyone happens to see this truck with two white males about 20-25, let me know and we will compare notes, then maybe the RCMP will go and talk to these guy's. I don't know where the trail guy was, but he was there when I came down for the day?? I was really nervous as I had my four place and it still had two sleds in it and they saw them before we left for our ride. I asked around to alot of riders when we were leaving and everything seemed to be O.K. I also checked on here to see if anyone was complaining about problems at Quartz. Everyone has to keep an eye out for this type of thing, we will all help to dig the hole for these guy,s.

Last edited by a moderator:

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are asking people to report any suspicious people and vechicles at all the Sicamous riding areas as well, RCMP are keeping a list.

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
I ride Golden all the time and have yet to have any problems... Knock on wood.. But next time i think i will just bring the pup and leave my truck unlocked and she can have her way with them for a bit..

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride Golden all the time and have yet to have any problems... Knock on wood.. But next time i think i will just bring the pup and leave my truck unlocked and she can have her way with them for a bit..

Is she lick them to death doug??? j/k :D Ya i do hope cause i myself and my friends sure would not like this happening to any of us.

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
We rode Quartz Sat and Gorman sun, mon with no problems. We didn't see anybody with smashed windows either.

Top Bottom