First Trip

Broner

Reaction score
Is there a few hotels/BB in blue, I see that there is a poker run sat in blue river?? It sound like the runs we have in SUDBURY. Is it all groomed trail or on and off ?? Sounds FUN.

newfiedoo

Reaction score
hey there everest8....looking forward to meeting you guys ....i'm one of the alberta crew going on the same trip...drive safe and will see you in hinton....probably at HotShotHarrys lol:beer::beer:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
We always stay at the Chalet Continental (250.556.9787), rooms are clean, parking ample and close to the Loose Moose for dinner and drinks. Breakfast is one building west (can’t remember the name), green Diner…great food…good deal.

British Columbia Camping - Reviews of 1,845 camping sites, campgrounds and RV parks in BC, Canada

If it is your first time up I’d recommend Clemina Creek Rec Area, 30KM south of Valemount on the left side of the highway 5. You will pass a smaller staging area called keyhole then bam…1 or so km the lot is on your left. Large parking lot, the trail up is groomed and leads to a full range of terrain to play in. 17km up you find a cabin that is fairly central to the area and has a stove to chuck your lunch on and dry out your helmet. Remember to take $15 bucks as like all areas you pay to play (for the groomer…a must!!). Its kinda like going to the Sunshine ski area in Banff, parking lot, trail up…place to play.

Allan Creek Area is about 10 additional minutes south of Clemina. The trail up is shorter but significantly more challenging. Might be a day two or three gig, great area.

Nothing could substitute heading up with a group that is familiar with the area but the cabin has maps etc….just ask people at the cabin where to go…they are usually very good at handing out advice.

Enjoy yourself but most of all play safe….the gear is not an option…it is required.

Top Bottom