Electric shields

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For you guys that ride with electric shields -- how do you deal with the wire?? Do you clip the top piece to your jacket or just let it hang?? TIA.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best way, run it up your sleeve so you don't snag it in the trees.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let it hang, in the center. if you come off your sled you wany it to disconnect easy.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have come off the sled and the cord has stretched about 10 feet before it let go. I'm glad the sheild was down or it would have got me in the nose. I'm going to try running it up my sleeve. That sounds like a great idea.

SKIROULE

Reaction score
May be a bit off topic but does an electric visor make a big difference? Or does it still fog?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May be a bit off topic but does an electric visor make a big difference? Or does it still fog?

Back when I had a full face the electric shield was the ONLY way to go. Electric shields don't fog up at all! Highly recommend it!

GPsnownut

Reaction score
I've been using electric shields for 25 yrs and they don't fog up, as long you get a good one. I have just let my wire hang and have never had a trees tear it out, only gets torn out when the sled rolls over. They are getting harder to find, when looking for one, make sure it has a 2 wire connection set up (has one long wire with coiled end and one short wire aprox. 14" long)connect the short wire to you helmet. this will make it easy to unhook and the short wire just hangs for easy connection and does not get in you way.
I prefer these as I have rode my sled in -35 to -40 weather and have had no problems
Again make sure you get a good on, not a canadian tire special

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been using electric shields for 25 yrs and they don't fog up, as long you get a good one. I have just let my wire hang and have never had a trees tear it out, only gets torn out when the sled rolls over. They are getting harder to find, when looking for one, make sure it has a 2 wire connection set up (has one long wire with coiled end and one short wire aprox. 14" long)connect the short wire to you helmet. this will make it easy to unhook and the short wire just hangs for easy connection and does not get in you way.
I prefer these as I have rode my sled in -35 to -40 weather and have had no problems
Again make sure you get a good on, not a canadian tire special

Yes I got a good one with the short wire too!! It's a Gmax with a little custom job on it. LOL. It sure got a rise on the forum with all these northern BOYS on here. LOL.
H1.jpg

H2.jpg

Top Bottom