Does anyone hate 1080p with Blueray?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hd tv but tv is shot at 720p and its amazing, i watched a 1080 blue ray the other day and it was so weird! its not like watching a movie its almost like real life or watching a "making of a movie" show.......it might be awesome for some movies but i watched the Hangover and HATED IT! Its very hard to explain but most people that watch 1080p Blue Rays know what i mean.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hd tv but tv is shot at 720p and its amazing, i watched a 1080 blue ray the other day and it was so weird! its not like watching a movie its almost like real life or watching a "making of a movie" show.......it might be awesome for some movies but i watched the Hangover and HATED IT! Its very hard to explain but most people that watch 1080p Blue Rays know what i mean.

Once I got used to it, I didn't find it to be a problem. It was a bit freaky at first, but I can't watch DVD anymore now?

tredeb

Reaction score
I know what you are talking about, the picture almost looks as if it is shot on video tape instead of film. My brother in law had his TV setup like this and it was almost unsettling, if that makes sense.

You may have your TV set to vivid settings. This is the setting that comes from the factory and it is meant to make the TV stand out when it is on a wall of TVs.

Usually if you go into picture modes, there will be a cinema or movie setting that will be more accurate than vivid.

Most new TV's have a few test patterns in the setup menus that will allow you to dial in your display even more. Or even better, pick up a Blu Ray copy of digital video essentials. It will walk you through the calibration.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Video Essentials is good, or just search the net for your TV and the settings other people have done already. They do all the hard work and post the numbers on AV forums. Makes life reaaaal easy.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to say you're crazy but I think tredeb has a point. Play with the settings.

When set up correctly, you shouldn't even tell the difference between 720 and 1080 on a screen 42" or less. On bigger screens, you'll be able to see a few more blades of grass in 1080, or is that what makes it too real for you?

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 1080p. Not sure why you wouldn't like it. I will say that bluray movies that are shot on a blue screen like 300 or sin city are not worth the extra cash imo because the people look great but the computer generated back grounds don't look very good. Other then that i think it's amazing.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 1080p. Not sure why you wouldn't like it. I will say that bluray movies that are shot on a blue screen like 300 or sin city are not worth the extra cash imo because the people look great but the computer generated back grounds don't look very good. Other then that i think it's amazing.

Yah i guess it just takes some getting use to, its just weird seeing movies so life like.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we bought ours, the tech guy came out to the house and set it up for us. He took it off of the "demo" settings and adjusted it for the living room. It has a fantastic picture and sound. It's an LG 47 inch.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

As other's have mentioned, once you get use to it. You'll LOVE it. It was a little different to get used too. But well worth it in the end.

Top Bottom