Diesel EGR/DPF/DEF 6.7 Cummins

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with 75k on it and just had to clean EGR and cooler due to code thrown since it was plugged up with soot. First cum apart I have owned with this bullch!t on it.

What's the consensus on this junk. leave it on and clean routinely or scrap it all? What is involved in getting rid of it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with 75k on it and just had to clean EGR and cooler due to code thrown since it was plugged up with soot. First cum apart I have owned with this bullch!t on it.

What's the consensus on this junk. leave it on and clean routinely or scrap it all? What is involved in getting rid of it.
If you are out of warranty just get it deleted Bert. I did my Ford and now have more power, way better fuel economy and no more buying DEF fluid. The only downside is noisier in the cab and diesel smell when standing behind the truck.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where are you located?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So deletes are ideal.. where are you registered and have you seen roadside enforcement in BC? I hear that's a thing..BC has inspections correct?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are out of warranty just get it deleted Bert. I did my Ford and now have more power, way better fuel economy and no more buying DEF fluid. The only downside is noisier in the cab and diesel smell when standing behind the truck.
Long out of warranty I think it is 5 years or 160k on powertrain. its an 18 and I have pit 70k on it. lol Just gotta find a trustworthy place in Calgary area to do it. I hadn't given much thought on how it works until had this issue. What a stupid set up eh

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So deletes are ideal.. where are you registered and have you seen roadside enforcement in BC? I hear that's a thing..BC has inspections correct?
AB registered. haven't seen enforcement out here and don't know if they have inspections but regardless I will never be signing up for the 7 percent on new and the 12 percent screwing on private vehicle sales they have out here.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long out of warranty I think it is 5 years or 160k on powertrain. its an 18 and I have pit 70k on it. lol Just gotta find a trustworthy place in Calgary area to do it. I hadn't given much thought on how it works until had this issue. What a stupid set up eh
Lots of good diesel shops that can do that bud. I ended getting my dealer to do mine as it was in for an engine code that turned out to be a $9800 part on the emission system that needed to be replaced. They gave me the option so I had them do it. Phack the environment! Hahah

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AB registered. haven't seen enforcement out here and don't know if they have inspections but regardless I will never be signing up for the 7 percent on new and the 12 percent screwing on private vehicle sales they have out here.
Be very clear on what you want the outcome to be.. noisy or loud whistle or not.. it is also worth considering trans tuning, dodge really doesn't have the best transmissions. Tuning can help with longevity

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be very clear on what you want the outcome to be.. noisy or loud whistle or not.. it is also worth considering trans tuning, dodge really doesn't have the best transmissions. Tuning can help with longevity
no whistle and don't want loud and don't need more tourqe. I should have done delete first day I got truck. I don't really care about warranty. It has the aisen transmission and I thought because of it you can't tune it but I don't know much about it. All I know is on my 05 with it tunes I threw that tuner out after the second tranny repair

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok last thoughts and I will leave it to you, generally higher horsepower tunes yield better economy however you need to be smart and drive accordingly, sometimes a bigger muffler isn't the answer and you may need a resonator. Sniff around and see who makes you comfortable educate yourself first and see if they ask the right questions. Best of luck on a whole new animal.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok last thoughts and I will leave it to you, generally higher horsepower tunes yield better economy however you need to be smart and drive accordingly, sometimes a bigger muffler isn't the answer and you may need a resonator. Sniff around and see who makes you comfortable educate yourself first and see if they ask the right questions. Best of luck on a whole new animal.
Sounds good. I got a guy in Airdrie that has been recommended. Buddy uses him and told me he won't be cheap but it is done right

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is a myth, if the higher horsepower tune nets better economy it's because the instrument cluster is no longer calibrated from the tuner altering commanded fuel to injector pulse width tables. Timing, rail pressure, boost, etc can all be altered to maximize economy on a stock hp tune.

I do agree with spending the time on finding a good tuner though, with the EPA crackdown many of the reputable tuners have left the game.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a myth, if the higher horsepower tune nets better economy it's because the instrument cluster is no longer calibrated from the tuner altering commanded fuel to injector pulse width tables. Timing, rail pressure, boost, etc can all be altered to maximize economy on a stock hp tune.

I do agree with spending the time on finding a good tuner though, with the EPA crackdown many of the reputable tuners have left the game.
I hand calc, agree with you computer doesn't receive correct data

Top Bottom