Danger in the Kootenays

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Snows getting deep, but there is a danger of large avalanches.. The base is very granular, ( sugar) and there is a thick ice layer, with deep powder on top... CHEST deep powder, fun to play in but the big hills aren't safe... stay safe everyone

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks dan.
what you riding this year? rumor is kitty power.

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Arctic Cat BABY!

M800 and should be turboed by the end of FEB> Yes ,,, Main Jet, in Nelson BC and Arctic Cat have sponsored me this season. The Yamaha 944 union bay , 151 pegger, ekholm tunnel and suspension sled is for sale now. Putting the past behind me... 800 Mountain Max sold last week.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snows getting deep, but there is a danger of large avalanches.. The base is very granular, ( sugar) and there is a thick ice layer, with deep powder on top... CHEST deep powder, fun to play in but the big hills aren't safe... stay safe everyone

:thumbsup2:Hey Thanks For the Update Dan.......Tonnes of pow and to dangerous to ride.....sounds like a tipical kootenay winter....

Ride Safe Everyone.....

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Local avalanche expert at the Kootenay Pass, has said, worst early conditions he's seen for 30 yrs... Very unusual early conditions... I'm being a bit more cautious . but it's too deep for hill climbing anyway. We're only highmarking in meadows and fields right now.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arctic Cat BABY!

M800 and should be turboed by the end of FEB> Yes ,,, Main Jet, in Nelson BC and Arctic Cat have sponsored me this season. The Yamaha 944 union bay , 151 pegger, ekholm tunnel and suspension sled is for sale now. Putting the past behind me... 800 Mountain Max sold last week.

Should be fun watching you on a cat,Good on ya!
Cant wait for the first movie!
Arctic Cat Baby!
catmando!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Local avalanche expert at the Kootenay Pass, has said, worst early conditions he's seen for 30 yrs... Very unusual early conditions... I'm being a bit more cautious . but it's too deep for hill climbing anyway. We're only highmarking in meadows and fields right now.
hey Dan, glad to hear from you and thanks for the info!

you have tungsten cahones my friend, thanks for the awesome footage.

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Huge Avalanche Risk over here in the Crowsnest/Elkvalley as well..
Can see sluffs and slides that came through the trees south of me at Corbin and Fernie..

Take all precautions
Curtis

On a Good note... Inn on the border sponsered the grooming done on the flathead last nite.. I will be there collecting donations for the next groom...
U can purchase your yearly BCSF Corbin Country Club pass here at the Inn..
Thanks, The POW is WICKED here..

Curtis

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Turboed Vecter last season, but my segment in TS6 is mostly on my 2 stoke MM940 union bay powered mod.. Yamaha took the vecter back and sent it to UBC or somewhere.. Arctic Cat stepped up with a M800 and It'll be turboed soon... Arctic Cat Baby has a nice ring to it , NO?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we need to get you back on a Yamaha!!:D....I must still be holding on to the past...lol. Doesn't matter what your going to ride Dan your always going to be KRAZY!!!;)

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Avalanche danger is way better... Sledding is finally getting really good,,,, and safe.. it's way more fun when it's safe and I don't think the mountain will come down on me...

hosmersled

Reaction score
Avalanche danger in Fernie / Lizard Range is HIGH right now - yesterday a snowmobile triggered an avalanche in McDermid area - no one buried / injured. A cat-skier was caught at Island Lake on Thursday - had to be airlifted to Calgary. Check the avalanche.ca website for further details of current conditions and recent activity.

Top Bottom