code 84 problem

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 apex s/c and the last trip I took the code 84 came on several times going up the trail but the whole time I was riding it never went off again but on the way down it went off one more time. I know it's the throttle censor switch that is causing the problem but if this happens when i'm riding again can I just unplug it and ride the sled back down.

MRFUSION

Reaction score
You have to bypass the Tors on the Supercharger tends to keep the throttle body plates slightly open longer causing he code 84. It is tied into your TPS system but you can bypass it in the wiring down from the handlebars. The smart money says to then install a tether system then for high speed get offs or rollovers. Good luck. Shad

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a BOV solved my code 84 problems. Very rarely get code 84, but still get it now and then. You can by-pass it in the wiring harness under the cowling in front of the steering column. That'll save you in a jam but as MF says, get a tether if your going to do it permanently.

If I remember right your running 10psi boost while I'm only at 8 so maybe you'll get 84 more often?

Top Bottom