Clemina Valdalsim

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we almost made it the entire year, but someone had to ruin it :disgust;. Sometime over the last few days our newly intstalled ladder in the Clemina cabin was destroyed(I cant even tell where the pieces went) glass was broken all over the inside of the cabin, beer cans thrown everywhere and they stole or destroyed the broom so the mess was difficult if not impossible to clean up. The sign in book was also torn up a bit and the last page had a message stating "now we are going to have to RECK stuff in the parking lot" Luckily we had no damage to our equipment or and facilities in the lots.

It's quite dis-heartening(sp) after an almost complete season with no major issues to have someone do this to us. I just dont understand what goes on in these peoples heads. Our time is much better used in fighting the good fight for snowmobiling as opposed to pesky maintenance issues caused by vandalism. We need help, sledders must start self policing each other. If you see someone that is doing harm to snowmobiling or its reputation, riding in closed area or even littering, please stand up and stop it.

Thanks
Depsnolvr

Misfit

Reaction score
Went riding on the 5th at clemina with Shifty and the ladder was wrecked then, the other incidents must have happened since then. its a sad thing for sure when a individual or a group ruins an experience for all, know that if i see anybody vandalizing or attempting to steal, the individual will not have a good day.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is bulls#%t why would someone do things like that...I believe when Misfit and I were there it seemed like some little jerk used the ladder for fire wood...not like there wasn't a bunch of wood outside all people need to do is swing an axe, or did they burn/wreck that too? You have our full support and I am ALWAYS watching for these jerks...Someone needs to be handed a free lesson in RESPECT:protest: :paddle:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Agreed, only if we stand together to stop this damage of property will we ever have a chance to correct it. How would they feel if while they wrecked the cabin someone was in the parking doing the kind of damage to their vehicle that you can't claim on insurance...bet they wouldn't be very happy!!!

Went riding on the 5th at clemina with Shifty and the ladder was wrecked then, the other incidents must have happened since then. its a sad thing for sure when a individual or a group ruins an experience for all, know that if i see anybody vandalizing or attempting to steal, the individual will not have a good day.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Agreed, only if we stand together to stop this damage of property will we ever have a chance to correct it. How would they feel if while they wrecked the cabin someone was in the parking doing the kind of damage to their vehicle that you can't claim on insurance...bet they wouldn't be very happy!!!

Curtis,.... Good points. One day some persons will be around @ the right time to observe,take control & redneck them!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what goes through these peoples minds, If they are sledders well you would think that they would want to be able to use the cabin in the future!:confused: If the cabin keeps getting destoryed all that hurts is the sledders that use it. On the other hand if it is someone that wants to see sledding areas closed well that just makes me want to fight closures even more!. I wish I could find these guys then justice would be served by the plate full!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone notices things like this, broken stuff or anything else that might need attention please email varda@valemount.com. This way I can be prepared with the proper tools to fix the situation immediately.

A message can also be left on the VARDA answering machine at
250-566-4817

Last edited:

Misfit

Reaction score
Hey Curtis, if you need some volunteers to rebuild or repair let me know, id be happy to help out.

Misfit

Reaction score
summitric's got it. just to make it a bit clearer so you know who i am, lol im the guy who rides a black and white rev race sled with an 800 in it. im always out riding with shifty. next time your out and you see me falling off my sled say hi and have a good laugh.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the VARDA support.

Just to clear it up. My name is Curtis and Im not the pres of VARDA, just a hard working employee.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hi, My name is Curtis as well. I have nothing to do with VARDA.
Guess what, our member called "Rooster" is also named....you guessed it...Curtis.
And my son....Curtis...
And a guy I work with....Curtis.

And I thought I was special!!!
:D :D :D

Thanks for the VARDA support.

Just to clear it up. My name is Curtis and Im not the pres of VARDA, just a hard working employee.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You Guys!!

hi, my name is curtis as well. I have nothing to do with varda. Guess what, our member called "rooster" is also named....you guessed it...curtis. and my son....curtis... And a guy i work with....curtis. And i thought i was special!!! :d :d :d
sorry to open your eyes, i've tried to keep you from this:eek: , but you're all just "average joe's":eek: ..... Lol

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Misfit and I were up there today and the cabin was trashed again...we took 2 min and cleaned it up but more of the same! Beer cans all over sign book used to start fire VARTA leaflets all over the ground...these boys need to grow up I! Oh and the sweet thing was a Snow and Mud card on the table...so we left a note saying what a great site this is and that it was a couple members who cleaned up the mess...but no names! Ron if you could send me some cards Misfit and Myself are always willing to help out this great site! Lets start the get the best rep we can!

Shifty

Ride Safe and Ride HARD...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HEY CURTIS !
LOL! Ha! Ha! LMAO!
Had to do it!
catmando!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cards

Shifty, I am coming through Jasper Friday if you would like some cards let me know in the am and I will meet you to do the transfer. Secret stuff heh.:rolleyes: Barry:) PM me and let me know as I will check before I leave.

Top Bottom