Chatter Creek

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends how far the logging road has been plowed. Last April we off loaded at kilometer 70 and other years you could only off load 5 or 10 kilometers down the logging road.

Billy Boy:cool:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much of Chatter is open to sledding before the catski shuts down in mid April?

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is There A Few Places To Turn Around On That Logging Road I Have A Trailer.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the weather is good, there is quite a bit to ride on during the season. i wish there was more though;)

once you make it around the lake & get close to the staging area, there are a few spots to get turned around.

RN

chucker

Reaction score
We are going into Chatter Creek again this April. We were there last April. The logging road in is long (70 KM+/-) but was in good shape. There are numerous areas that are wide enough to pass and a few areas a guy could turn a trailer around if he needed. The office in Golden says the road is being maintained to the staging area.

chucker

Reaction score
Also, we pulled a 4 place enclosed into the staging area and had very little problems. When we got to the staging area there were lots of other 4 place trailers. Talk to the office in Golden, they can give you more detailed information.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are maybe planning a trip to Chatter creek too :D Now my question is this... My brother used to ride there alot and says that it has riding for everyone, is this true?? I always thought it was for the more experienced riders? We have a few brand new riders with us and a few of the ladies get very angry with us when we tell them they will be fine ;) Well and I kinda wanna keep my best g/f's LOL So what do y'all think?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is definitely mostly extrme riding............ but there is the "cat" trails they use all season. they go eveywhere around the lodge & into the alpine, but you can get off the trail & ride just about anywhere you want. the hills are BIG but there are some areas that are a little more wide open than others, but be warned.......... the hills & areas are BIG:eek:.
hope you go in there & see the area just to say you did it, & ride safe & have fun:D

RN

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I think a few of us are definately going :D I can't wait have seen lots of pictures! Just didn't think it was the place to go with our whole group fun trip.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's an amazing place to ride in the spring with good weather & visibility, but it is also what you go in there & expect to find. it can probably be very intimidating to some people, but we love it because it is something we don't get to see during their ski season. the lodge has amazing hosts & is a real world class feel to it & worth the trip in there just to see it. i do hope you get to ride there & have a great trip & good snow.

Ride safe & have fun

RN

Top Bottom