Caribbean Travel

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I leave in less than 2 months for a cruise out of Puerto Rico with some buddies.

I got a question though. It is similar to the situation I have had with sledding all these years too. Its wearing goggles and still being about to see out of em. I wear prescription glasses. My eyes are so bad lazer in its current form is not an option. Basically I can't see nothing without em.

I don't go on vacation like I go sledding so I am not going to sink the money I have sank into getting a proper sledding goggles setup for me when it comes to the snorkel mask.

Question: Anyone ever go on a similar vacation and have a similar problem? Can you even wear normal glasses underneath a snorkel mask?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not at all so I think you should let me go in your place and I'll tell you all about it and take some nice pictures for you...... Ok on the serious side, if you can get a seal from the face mask around the arms of your glass's you should be fine. Call a diving shop in Edmonton and ask what they have for masks for a guy that wears glass's, see what they have and test it out before you go.... Practice in the bath tub?

Harp

Reaction score
I can't see a dam thing without my progresive glasses. I have to wear them sledding and it's a pain. However I have been snorkeling for the last 6 years and I don't wear my glasses snorkeling and I can see fine under water I just can't find the boat when it's time to leave. :)

I leave in less than 2 months for a cruise out of Puerto Rico with some buddies.

I got a question though. It is similar to the situation I have had with sledding all these years too. Its wearing goggles and still being about to see out of em. I wear prescription glasses. My eyes are so bad lazer in its current form is not an option. Basically I can't see nothing without em.

I don't go on vacation like I go sledding so I am not going to sink the money I have sank into getting a proper sledding goggles setup for me when it comes to the snorkel mask.

Question: Anyone ever go on a similar vacation and have a similar problem? Can you even wear normal glasses underneath a snorkel mask?

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you know that you can buy prescription goggles and diving masks right? when i was diving on the west coast i was looking into it. check with your eye glass place

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you considered contacts? I have dry eyes and normally can't wear contacts for more than a few hrs but sledding I have no problem wearing them all day until I get back in the truck, as for diving I'm good for about 4 hrs before they start to bother me, I wear progressive lenses so I got some stick on plastic +1.75x magnifier lenses for the mask to see close up. Walmart is good, get a eye exam/ contact fitting $80 and you'll get a trial pair of contacts that will be good for months.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There be no way I am giving up this trip!

Went to a local dive shop. You can buy prescription goggles from em up to a correction of -9. One of my eyes is -7.5 and the other is -10. If anything it should be close enough.

As far as contacts I am the biggest wussy when it comes to my eyes and have never considered contacts an option. Have been wearing glasses for 24 years now.

Top Bottom