Canoe Mountain Lodge

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just booked a suite there for the 24th of Feb and they have new ownership I'm told.Have not stayed there in about three years but when I did stay there it was all good and very convenient for breakfast at the restaurant across the street and the Loose Moose.With that said and all the theft in Valemount lately I was happy to find out on the weekends they have a guy patrol the parking lot,taking a page out of North Country in Mcbride.All I can say is good on ya and hopefully the rest will follow suit!
Take that Holiday Inn! LOL!
catmando!:common001: :perfect10: :common001:

Bucky

Reaction score
Why would you recomend the cougar over canoe? I've stayed at the canoe a few times and have been very happy. Just curious...

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree Cougar Mtn Lodge is way better than any hotel.Unless you are determined to have to go the the bar,this place has a more relaxed homey atmosphere.Sue,the owner is great.She cooks a unbelievable filling meal.The hot tub was right off the deck,and the chance of anyone ripping you sled off is remote.(They are outside you bedroom window.)The B&B is a way better way to go.....Just my two cents.

BigDog67

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey bigdog,thanks,Ive heard of that place but never stayed there because like you say...the boy's ==== the bar.Planning a couple's trip in March and we just might try that place.How many rooms do they have?
catmando!:Cool9:

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Catmando,
Not sure how many rooms she has now,the place burnt down last year so everything Sue has now is brand new.The old house was around 10000 sq/ft and I think the place had room for 10.It's suppose to be bigger now. She has a website if you want to look it up.

BigDog67

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isnt it Sue who sold out and is leaving the end of the month!
catmando!:confused:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow

Stayed at the Holiday and was not happy again. This is the last of my $$ they will see. Will be back at Continental next time. Had to stay there this time because 22 sleders booked from our group. Holiday had no internet service and 12-13 year old girls hockey team, that should tell you what it sounded like in the pool area and the slaming of doors and running in halls, not fun for me. Snow was packed and you had to go looking for good stuff, which I always can find, if you are going this week go into Miledge as the snow in there is better. Rode Thurs. at Mcbride and I thouth the snow was better there than at Val. just my 2 cents worth. All areas need a week of snow but nothing in the forcast so my injury on Sat. may have come at a good time. Tryed to go through my bars with my chest, did not work so well as my ribs are not as strong as the bars were, off for 3-4 weeks and hpoe it heals bwfor my 5 days at Sicamouse. Barry:nono: :nono:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Barry, sorry to hear about your ribs. We were discussing the same thing in Golden this weekend. One of our guy bought protective gear for just that reason.
I tried the same thing this weekend...missed the bars....but did end up flat on my back in front of my sled. Feeling a bit stiff today.

You take it easy and get back into riding shape soon.

Cheers

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lodge

Just my two cents here but there is not much for night life in Vale, so why would anyone be concerned about going to the bar in Vale. The Moose is ok to have dinner then watch the game but vale is no revy...

I like the cougar because it is neat, clean, tidy and well taken care of. We use to stay at the Summitt river lodge but could not get dates to work out with Connie.

If you are looking to pay one price and eat, sleep, sled then Summitt or Cougar are the places to stay - Just my 2 cents-. I am not knocking the Canoe, but there rooms are small and they do not have any real drying facillities at the hotel. It is however a nice place to stay.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Tek Vest

Hi Barry, Tek vest is a good investment. Klim sells one for a good price.
Steve

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried the same thing this weekend...missed the bars....but did end up flat on my back in front of my sled. Feeling a bit stiff today.

So did everything look OK? Ski alignment good, belly pan protector still in good shape, headlight nice and bright.:ha_ha:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Bbtoy

Stayed at the Holiday and was not happy again. This is the last of my $$ they will see. Will be back at Continental next time. Had to stay there this time because 22 sleders booked from our group. Holiday had no internet service and 12-13 year old girls hockey team, that should tell you what it sounded like in the pool area and the slaming of doors and running in halls, not fun for me. Snow was packed and you had to go looking for good stuff, which I always can find, if you are going this week go into Miledge as the snow in there is better. Rode Thurs. at Mcbride and I thouth the snow was better there than at Val. just my 2 cents worth. All areas need a week of snow but nothing in the forcast so my injury on Sat. may have come at a good time. Tryed to go through my bars with my chest, did not work so well as my ribs are not as strong as the bars were, off for 3-4 weeks and hpoe it heals bwfor my 5 days at Sicamouse. Barry:nono: :nono:

HEY BARRY, GET BETTER, EH?? WHEN ARE YOU IN SICAMOUSE?? WE'LL BE OUT THERE ON THE FAMILY DAY WEEKEND. LET ME KNOW;)

Cougar

Reaction score
Website
www.cougarmountainlodge.com
Hey, sorry, been outta touch for a while! It's Sue here and NO I didn't sell, I just finished rebuilding in the fall. It's a great new place with all the amenities you want... I just got the wireless internet hooked up so I'm back on the info super-highway. To check out the new place go to http://snowfarmers.com/Mountain Sledding Lodge.htm .
s.
(I tried to insert a link but I don't think it let me...)

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holiday inn sucks so bad its not even a holiday inn anymore!

Top Bottom