Calgary to sicamous

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With yellow head being closed, I am off to Clearwater tomorrow for holiday with the family. Just inquiring how bad is the highway from Calgary to Sicamous with all the diverted traffic. Thinking of doing it over two days instead of one fighting traffic. Anyone else drove this lately?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a post on here a couple days ago where someone was sitting in traffic by golden. Being a summer long weekend, I'd assume you have a long drive ahead of you

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
TCH is quite busy through Salmon Arm.
Went to Scotch Creek on Wednesday and the TCH was bumper to bumper in both lanes from the Squalix bridge through to Salmon Arm.
Take your time and enjoy the ride.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came from Drumheller a couple day ago to Revelstoke , no issues and no stops although it took a little longer because of volume . Down to 80 at times , get in line and be patient. It was solid traffic both directions from Stoney trail to Revelstoke .

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aug 1 I made it from Innisfail to sicamous in 5.5 hrs left at 4 Alberta time. My son came this morning and made it in 5 hrs on his bike he left at 4 am Alberta time. 2 weeks ago it took me 12 hrs due to and accident left at 3pm Alberta time. So it’s a crap shoot. Lots of motor homes and campers driving 20-30 k under the speed limit add in the new truck drivers and it can get frustrating. Lucky I am here for 10 days this time not just the weekend.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove it yesterday. Wasn't bad. Lots of traffic. But at least it was flowing. I was towing the holiday trailer. So when we hit passing lanes.if there was a line behind me on my ass. I'd stay in the slow lane behind the semi. But for the most part 5 to 7 cars would get past me. Then I could pass the truck in front.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aug 1 I made it from Innisfail to sicamous in 5.5 hrs left at 4 Alberta time. My son came this morning and made it in 5 hrs on his bike he left at 4 am Alberta time. 2 weeks ago it took me 12 hrs due to and accident left at 3pm Alberta time. So it’s a crap shoot. Lots of motor homes and campers driving 20-30 k under the speed limit add in the new truck drivers and it can get frustrating. Lucky I am here for 10 days this time not just the weekend.
It's amazing how much further a guy can get travelling 2:30-3am to 6-7 am depending on area. Way less dimwhits on the road... unless your heading to GP from edmonton, pretty much always the autobahn that one haha

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I’m gonna be on the bike by noon tomorrow and just take my time to golden. Next day Clearwater.
It’s our yay yay 2024 family week to Dutch lake. We Check in Monday for 6 days

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on a Kamloops run,,, most likely tuck in behind a big boxer in the evening too cover ground...

Slow up hill,,, fast on the downward angle...

Hammer down pig pen,,, let these trucks roll big 10-4...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and Mrs. Drew did a nice casual ride back roads from Edmonton to Golden. Popped out on Highway one at Banff. Rode some crazy rain. 7hrs at a medium pace with a nice long lunch in Olds at grouchy daddy’s !! Just went out to the highway (12am) in Golden. there’s very little traffic right now. Definitely night owls would love driving. It was bumper-to-bumper heading to Calgary and not very busy going west today. Hitting the road 6 AM sharp. Gonna try to get ahead of the campers and roof rack cars.
IMG_5785.jpeg

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and Mrs. Drew did a nice casual ride back roads from Edmonton to Golden. Popped out on Highway one at Banff. Rode some crazy rain. 7hrs at a medium pace with a nice long lunch in Olds at grouchy daddy’s !! Just went out to the highway (12am) in Golden. there’s very little traffic right now. Definitely night owls would love driving. It was bumper-to-bumper heading to Calgary and not very busy going west today. Hitting the road 6 AM sharp. Gonna try to get ahead of the campers and roof rack cars.View attachment 286027
Where did you stay in Golden?

Top Bottom