best spring puller

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets here the list of the best spring pullers.
the doo turbo 850's have some awkward springs to pull

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was working on my Boost and had to pry sideways and not pull directly on the y-pipe springs. I had to make this and it worked slick as I could pry off of the cross member using it as a pivot point.

Attachments

• spring puller.jpg
    spring puller.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 96

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was working on my Boost and had to pry sideways and not pull directly on the y-pipe springs. I had to make this and it worked slick as I could pry off of the cross member using it as a pivot point.
I took a 15" flat screw driver and put a notch in the tip for the spring. i used the brace to pry the spring off.
There has to be a long hook tool out there somewhere.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The extra piece of pull cord you get.
Ive seen his be done but how do you get your hand down by the y-pipe on the new turbo doos.
unless you have small hands like my wife....

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D
I took a 15" flat screw driver and put a notch in the tip for the spring. i used the brace to pry the spring off.
There has to be a long hook tool out there somewhere.
Did the exact same

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the woodies spring pullers. They work great and are strong enough that you can add a custom bend for the doo springs Use a block beside the pipe to keep the angle if needed

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo has a spring pulling tool for the turbos, got mine from Riderz, works awesome. My tried tested and true method of an old piece of recoil rope just wouldn’t work for the y pipe springs on my turbo r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made this years ago from one of those cheap, extra large screwdrivers from Princess Auto. It works fantastic. You can pull, push or pry against something.
Edit: apparently im not the only one.

IMG_1978.jpeg
IMG_1979.jpeg

Last edited:

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one I showed a pic of has the two slots on side and a slot at the end and is like a screwdriver style handle and has come in handy on the mountain before. Mine is snap on and I think around $26.00

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo has a spring pulling tool for the turbos, got mine from Riderz, works awesome. My tried tested and true method of an old piece of recoil rope just wouldn’t work for the y pipe springs on my turbo r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I managed to use a shoelace on my wife's turbo R. Coming off was easy. Going on required her assistance to pull the spring up in to place using a spring puller. I was not able to get the right angle with just a lace.

Top Bottom