Back from McBride

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posted some pics of Mar. 24 weekend. Some bush bashing, creek climbing and one picture of me stuck that could challenge catmando's best.:D Snow got deeper each day and was snowing hard when we left. The only thing lacking was the sun, but with all the fresh we had a great weekend!:thumbsup2:

-rossco-

Reaction score
Rode lucille the last 2 days it was awesome powder to shred all over. Lots of guys up there on sunday 85 or so but didnt really seem like it. ONe buddy was catchin some sick air off a cornice jump got some pictures but will post latr.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Great photos and some real "Bunjie" moments in the snow.
Posted some pics of Mar. 24 weekend. Some bush bashing, creek climbing and one picture of me stuck that could challenge catmando's best.:D Snow got deeper each day and was snowing hard when we left. The only thing lacking was the sun, but with all the fresh we had a great weekend!:thumbsup2:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from another McBride ride,got some decent pics parked next to some crevices(couldn't find a way up through the ice)and rode just about 190KM. Ran out of gas about 50' from the truck:doh: .....just couldn't stop playing up on the hill. Saturday we rode a much smaller area but had some wicked climbs,watched one avy come most of the way down the mountain(man are they loud)and saw the remains of some big cornice failures. Not south facing but I guess at this time of the year they are getting very unstable...PARK SAFE!!!! Sunny, didn't wreck anything, only saw 4 other sleds and we all made it back safe.:thumbsup2: Got some more good videos Ron, I'll try to bring a copy on Tuesday. While we were buying parts at RIDENHIDE on Friday(well maybe there was a little carnage) Paul said someone was choppered out of Lucile with some broken bones. Hope he is recovering as comfortably as possibe.

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

Where did you ride that you could not get past the ice?? Glad you had good weather and no injurys.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll post some pictures later tonight. We were trying to get to the peak of the mountain and the south side was worse. Highest elevation is about 9500'...we made it to about 9000.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted the pictures Barry, you'll see why we couldn't get past the crevaces.Didn't want to fall in as they are up to about 30' deep, it's also a nasty area to be in for extended time.

Top Bottom