avy conditions

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello everyone i thought i would post a thread to find out the avy conditions in mcbride at present and also snow conditions there are a group of us going to mcbride the weekend of the 20th we are traveling from all over a few of us from athabasca a couple from chetwynd and maybe a couple from wainwright so if any one can steer us in the direction of good snow and minimal avy conditions that would be great just want to have a good and safe ride!!!:d:d

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i looked further into the avy conditions in mcbride and from what i can find it looks like mcbride is a safe bet . now just fallowing the febuary conditions it looks like the renshaw is the best place for finding good snow. we will be riding feb 20th and 21st so hope to see it snow before that time

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Renshaw last Thursday and again on Saturday. Saw where some Avs had come down back up over the creek. Be careful !! We spent both days playin in the meadows and there was LOTSA POW !!

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Renshaw last Thursday and again on Saturday. Saw where some Avs had come down back up over the creek. Be careful !! We spent both days playin in the meadows and there was LOTSA POW !!
thanx powertool29 we will be carefull not to go into dangerous territory the meadows sounds like a place id like to play for a couple days!! your input is appreciated

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanx powertool29 we will be carefull not to go into dangerous territory the meadows sounds like a place id like to play for a couple days!! your input is appreciated

There were lots sleds up Saturday. The trail up was really bad ! Hope its better this weekend. It beat my sled up so bad that my handwarmers don't work anymore..

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats no good especially since its such a long ride up i havent been into renshaw this year only bell and lucille so i think even if the trail is bad we are still going to get up there this trip and cross our fingers that its groomed so its not so bad but i know theres probly alot of people going up there for the simple fact that the snow is better there i heard bell and lucilles snow was blown away or something so conditions arent good in those to areas

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw is your best bet in McBride. We went to Clemina in Valemont on Friday. Lotsa snow also with about 18" of POW, but we chewed it up pretty good so I would stay away from there !! LOL:rolleyes:

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha ok i will steer clear of there but i hope they see enough snow to cover your tracks by the 20th

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were lots sleds up Saturday. The trail up was really bad ! Hope its better this weekend. It beat my sled up so bad that my handwarmers don't work anymore..

Groomer was at the top on Saturday when we headed down, but he didn't seem to get too much grooming done on the way up:nono:

A couple of small avys after the snow Friday night. We found lots of fresh in some open bowls, and spent hours making lines through the trees. In some cases we tried going through the trees:d, but the trees won.

Top Bottom