Avalanche

Tanya and Dusty

Reaction score
Hey,

Going to Valemount this weekend (the 15th) and wondering how the conditions are. I hear there is alot of snow reading the other threads but wondering about Avalanche conditions???

Have there been many occuring??? I have been told that this year is rated as dangerous because of all the snow. Is it worse than other years.

Thank You!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey while you are in vale you should check out blue rivers poker run (feb 16 sat) its only 1 hour south down the road...

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
But also the avalance will probaly be high.. i dont know about vale but it rained a little bit down here in blue..dont know what its like up top havent ridden ina few weeks.. stupid creeks jump out in front of you :D

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of snow everywhere.....Areas further south as in Blue River have many slides occuring . Redsands/Parberry is a slide heaven. Finn is not as bad but has some caribou closures in effect. As far as Valemount i would ride in Allen and Chappel Creek with Chappel having ALOT more fresh snow.....Allen is good though too. Clemina has a few bad spots but just be careful. There is danger areas in all locations so as long as you use your brain and trust your instincts as well. Good rule is ---if it looks scary to you or to anyone in the group stay away....doesent hurt to do test areas also just to help your odds. Have fun

Tanya and Dusty

Reaction score
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your Replies! I don't know if we will check out the rally but will ask the guys! Being the gal in the pack, I don't get much say on locations, just lucky they still bring me! JJ!

Tanya and Dusty

Reaction score
Well, depends, used to be from Edson.

Dusty Hintz and Tyler Nych???
Who are the boys from Edson going you know?

Top Bottom