Avalanche in Gorman...

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any more details on this..apprarantely buried with only hand sticking out..able to dig out..and survived..

Avalanche Involvement Report

This report was submitted by a third party individual.
It is transmitted "as is" in the interest of public safety.
The CAC makes no claim as to its authenticity or accuracy. Use and interpret at your own risk.

DATE, TIME AND LOCATION
Date/Time: 2008-12-14 15:00
Description: Holt, (Gorman Lake Area)
Coordinates: ()
Mtn Range: Purcell Mountain Range Province: BC

GROUP INFORMATION
Type: Family/Friends Activity: Snowmobiling
Size: 2

AVALANCHE INFORMATION
Number: 1 Size: Size class 2.5 Type: LS
Trigger: Mr
Dimension: 300m wide; ran for 700m; average slab depth of 30cm.
Failure Pl.: Old - CR/CR
Starting Zone: Location: Alpine.
Character: SW; 30 degrees; Windward Slope(s); Steep Slope.
Comment: Was able to dig himself out with only his arm exposed. Dug down to his face and cleared breathing room. Didn't hear slide coming from behind. Very luck to be so near the surface. Sled was fully buried.

INVOLVEMENT INFORMATION
Number of people involved: 1 partially buried - breathing impaired.
Number of people injured: 1 injured.

WEATHER AND SNOWPACK INFORMATION
Weather: High pressure, clear, cold day.
Snowpack: This slope cycles often.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS

ATTACHMENTS
No attachments.

Date and Time of Report: 2008-12-15 11:47

The CAC Forecaster Team thanks the observers for
their contribution to avalanche safety in Canada!

Previous | Next Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS

GRD

Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of it...

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently a different group never even bothered to help the guy dig out, they just sat there and watched, as this guy dug himself out, AND apparently he was yelling for them to help him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats such bull c hit man
u watch a dude go down in an avy and bascially wacth him die!
really!!???

if i would have seen that, i would have been there instantly helping out, doing whatever i can to help
and then going over to the jerk off's who didnt help and smash their face in w my helmet

sorry, but this really pi$$es me off

glad to hear he's ok

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
read about this on dootalk last night, glad Dave was able to dig himself out. no thanks to the retards that sat and watched and didn't offer assistance....

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is probly the most horible thing ive ever herd in my life ,watching a person buried alive and not get in there and lend a hand ya they should get the beat down and pissed on also. i wonder how those homos sleep at nite :realmad:
thats the only real thing that intimidates me about sledding getting burried
other than that how is the snow fairly stable or not?

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats such bull c hit man
u watch a dude go down in an avy and bascially wacth him die!
really!!???

if i would have seen that, i would have been there instantly helping out, doing whatever i can to help
and then going over to the jerk off's who didnt help and smash their face in w my helmet

sorry, but this really pi$$es me off

glad to hear he's ok

I usually don't agree with you and we have a little history but on this I totaly 100% agree with you.I would have been there to help even though I am handicapped.After the finishing digging Dave out I would beat the gawkers with my shovel. I sure hope the waste of skin riders that sat and watched are reading this.That is unexceptable behavior. GRRRR this really gets under my skin.Good rep to you enis750.

Cheers,
Dave

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear he's alright i've been there myself and its not much fun just glad my buddies were there to help. hey to the spectators i know you were probably freaked out but what do you think dave felt like huh! you got to get him out quick your body experiences trama and lots of the time you go into shock and you cant dig yourself out, if that were me buried you would have been in worse shape than me after i got out

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually don't agree with you and we have a little history but on this I totaly 100% agree with you.I would have been there to help even though I am handicapped.After the finishing digging Dave out I would beat the gawkers with my shovel. I sure hope the waste of skin riders that sat and watched are reading this.That is unexceptable behavior. GRRRR this really gets under my skin.Good rep to you enis750.

Cheers,
Dave

I agree also, the only thing I take issue with is I hope they are not reading this as I would hope no S&M member would just sit and watch.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
My thought is that there must be more to the story...no reasonably experienced rider would just watch....my guess is these were really green riders (that being the case they were over their heads the moment they pulled the sleds of the trailer). I just can't see people just watching...if they knew anything about avy's.
I agree also, the only thing I take issue with is I hope they are not reading this as I would hope no S&M member would just sit and watch.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I also hope that they aren't members. Now I'm getting mad all over again.
Gotta wonder what they were thinking.Was this entertainment for these sickos.Probally same rubber neckers at accident scenes just want to see others suffering.Sick real sick!!!

cheers to all but you rubber neckers,
Dave

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely horendous story........ can't believe another group would watch another human being in danger for his life and not step up to the plate man!!!!:confused::mad:

Without reading any of the story from the other sites..... i could probably tell you where it happened. Although there are quite afew nasty spots in Holt. There was a fatality in a lower area in Holt a few years ago & i bet it's the same spot. Really "confined" bowl down low with no escape if it catches you not aware!!! very glad to hear this rider is ok & will open all of our eyes & ears to the risks we ride in everyday!!!
Safe riding all!!!

RN

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures on another site I would say it is the small bowl just on the left as you go into Holt. One of our favourite hills to play on :eek:

Murray, You don't want to be in Oman in the summer, I spent a month out in the desert there in June '04. Too stinkin hot.

I believe this is the same hill that slid:

Gorman13Jan07002Large.jpg

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, can't believe that someone would watch when somebody gets into a bad situation, are we not brothers with the same passion for the snow sports we love????:eek:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GLAD to hear he got out. After getting out though he should have buried his shovel in the gawkers forehead and shoved them in the hole he just climbed out of! There is not a judge on the mountain that would convict you!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rant continues! What if he did not have a hand sticking out. Hard to use beacons when retards have not switched theirs to search???

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is probly the most horible thing ive ever herd in my life ,watching a person buried alive and not get in there and lend a hand ya they should get the beat down and pissed on also. i wonder how those homos sleep at nite :realmad:
thats the only real thing that intimidates me about sledding getting burried
other than that how is the snow fairly stable or not?

how they sleep at night is probably together

Top Bottom