Any CN Rail Employee's on S/M

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi ,out of all of you out their ,i was wondering if some of you work for CN rail , i was looking at maybe Conductor out of Edmonton , any info or imput would be greatly appreciated.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi ,out of all of you out their ,i was wondering if some of you work for CN rail , i was looking at maybe Conductor out of Edmonton , any info or imput would be greatly appreciated.

Check with fireman205 if I remember right he used to work for them.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Na I work for CP rail were better :p

I am sure a lot of it is he-said she-said type of ch!t, but I have heard from a lot of sources that CN doesn't train their employees half as well and CP does, and it creates a lot of issues because they don't know what they are doing. The stuff i've heard of CN employees doing scares the living hell out of me.

My buddy did work for CN, quit after about 6 weeks because he didn't like it and though it wasn't a safe job (it is just dangerous if your not smart, or others you work with aren't). Only advantages of CN in edmonton is there are a lot bigger here then CP is.

But being a conductor, I love it so far. The hours are absolutely crap, you cannot plan a life but o well. You will not find a funner, easier, better paying job. But you got to be smart, it is dangerous for people who don't pay attention and can be one of the most dangerous jobs out there. Screw up and you'll be VERY lucky to get a second chance.

If you have any questions about the job through feel free to ask.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am sure a lot of it is he-said she-said type of ch!t, but I have heard from a lot of sources that CN doesn't train their employees half as well and CP does, and it creates a lot of issues because they don't know what they are doing. The stuff i've heard of CN employees doing scares the living hell out of me.

My buddy did work for CN, quit after about 6 weeks because he didn't like it and though it wasn't a safe job (it is just dangerous if your not smart, or others you work with aren't). Only advantages of CN in edmonton is there are a lot bigger here then CP is.

But being a conductor, I love it so far. The hours are absolutely crap, you cannot plan a life but o well. You will not find a funner, easier, better paying job. But you got to be smart, it is dangerous for people who don't pay attention and can be one of the most dangerous jobs out there. Screw up and you'll be VERY lucky to get a second chance.

You sure don't have to be to good to be better than CN, I 100% hate all CN employees, the lasiest bunch of bums out there.:d

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

So YOUR the :rant::rant::rant: blowin' the horn at 3am waking me up :d :beer:
Allways though that would be an interesting job :cool:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So YOUR the :rant::rant::rant: blowin' the horn at 3am waking me up :d :beer:
Allways though that would be an interesting job :cool:

Na that'd be CN, CP don't go there :d Actually, the whistle is only blown on unprotected crossings, and only if the town/city or whatever doesn't want to pony up for insurance for the risk of people getting hit by the train. There is a lot of crossings where only the bell will ring, not the whistle. And i'm a conductor the engineer drives the train :d It is very interesting, and cool when your dealing with 20,000ton pieces of equipment 2 miles long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom