another theivin bastages thread

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So cmae home tonight and half mile down the road we find a enclosed trailer just dumped in the ditch. Mint condition no obvious damage. Call flaman their name on it. We sold 2 yrs ago called cops after lookin into it a bit. Plate not a match to unit stolen trailer. Check in the back smells worse than the garage after you start the sled for the first time of the season. Cop said earlier today they found a truck a couple miles down the road on the highway. Both units stolen from westlock area. So dug out the gates so I can close and lock them now. Got home have tracks in yard I don't recognize, somone scopin me out? Have a few surprises waitin if they come back.

How's that song go my house is protected by the good lord and a gun. And you just might meetem both if you show up unexpected son.

Anyhow just a heads up guys watch for the unfamiliar units trolling in the acreages etc.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So cmae home tonight and half mile down the road we find a enclosed ............... unfamiliar units trolling in the acreages etc.

Yeah, so even in the sticks, the quotes "we don't lock our doors, we are in the middle of nowhere" or "I moved to the country so I wouldn't have to lock my doors" both officially just went out the window.
No matter what, or where, there are always useless lowlifes lookin for something for nothin. I always thought it was too serene to be true.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats where that dog that barks at everything may come in handy. We had to go and re-enforce all a shed doors after we had one broke into. not fun.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So cmae home tonight and half mile down the road we find a enclosed trailer just dumped in the ditch. Mint condition no obvious damage. Call flaman their name on it. We sold 2 yrs ago called cops after lookin into it a bit. Plate not a match to unit stolen trailer. Check in the back smells worse than the garage after you start the sled for the first time of the season. Cop said earlier today they found a truck a couple miles down the road on the highway. Both units stolen from westlock area. So dug out the gates so I can close and lock them now. Got home have tracks in yard I don't recognize, somone scopin me out? Have a few surprises waitin if they come back.

How's that song go my house is protected by the good lord and a gun. And you just might meetem both if you show up unexpected son.

Anyhow just a heads up guys watch for the unfamiliar units trolling in the acreages etc.

It's not illegal to bait them... Leave the sled out and take a fine bottle of whiskey (doesn't freeze) set it on the seat of the sled, tie a string to the bottle of whiskey so that when it gets picked up it rings a bell in the house. Have the rifle next to the arm chair and wollla shooting practice is at your finger tips.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats where that dog that barks at everything may come in handy. We had to go and re-enforce all a shed doors after we had one broke into. not fun.

I agree with your dog idea. I feel sad for the dogs when the idiots aren't scared off and do something mean though.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure if they have just changed the law just recently or not. But you better make sure it is not you going to jail, those dam crooks have the laws tilted in their favor.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure if they have just changed the law just recently or not. But you better make sure it is not you going to jail, those dam crooks have the laws tilted in their favor.

they could end up being just another missing person:rolleyes::eek

Last edited by a moderator:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People go missing every day.....
acouple bags of lie are cheap.....
lie eats everthing....

having an acreage affords us the opportunity to have space for such things...

as quoted many times......" JUST SAYIN"

merry xmas to all,,,, except for the thieves..... i hope ur appendages get stuck in ur zippers........

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By any chance did they mention if the truck was a red ford king ranch ??

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By any chance did they mention if the truck was a red ford king ranch ??

no didnt say much about it other than where it was borrowed from.. however the trailer hadn't been there long when we found it and i was passed by a king ranch, could tell by the chrome badges on the side, just about 1 1/2 miles before we found the trailer looked like it was marron though. hard to tell color in the dark.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy from the westlock area had his truck,quad, and sled stolen the other day, I wonder if this is any of his stuff?

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you catch a thief red handed there are three simple steps to follow;
1. Shoot.
2. Shovel.
3. Shut up.

Just sayin...

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you catch a thief red handed there are three simple steps to follow;
1. Shoot.
2. Shovel.
3. Shut up.

Just sayin...
My way of thinking and i have a 300 komatsu hoe sitting in the yard a waiting and 120 acres of bush.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Growin' up on the farm, the old man used to always throw down a couple six foot x four foot diamond harrows right on the last curve on the drive way whenever no one was going to be home for a day or so.
Remember one prick trying to take dad to court to pay for his tires, after driving over the harrows trying to steal fuel.

Never ever seen my dad laugh that hard, neadless to say, it was thrown out of court.

Top Bottom