AFR on Nytro Turbo

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I have a nytro with a push turbo running up to 8lbs boost. I am running 95octane fuel. I was wondering what afr's people are running under boost, I am running 12-12.2 right now. Any tips would be great.:d

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
You are fine at that afr. Even a little richer at WOT wouldn't hurt, my nytro pulls really hard at 11.5 at WOT. Cruising light load on the trail can be around 13-15. It will run fine richer at light load, just use more fuel. This is on a impulse nytro with boost-it fuel system.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info, I thought it was okay and the sled pulls hard. I am going to lean out the cruise fuel a little and go from there.

Dtripps

Reaction score
I am running a 180 hp MPI Turbo on my 2008 Nytro. It runs between 11 and 12 AFR , and pulls really good. Have a rich spot at about 3/4 throttle running in the 10 AFR's. I need to play around with the GEMS control to lean it out a bit. From what i have read and heard if you are running in the 11 to 12 AFR range you are doing good.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like the gems is hard to adjust for a specific target area. I have to compromise abit to get the machine to run acceptable through the rev range. I think I am going to go with a boost it kit this summer and solve my tuning issues.

Top Bottom