Advice on Legalness and Licensing please...

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parkland County has some bylaw, which includes Seba area, and they said my kids can't ride their snowmobiles legally at the trails because they are not fully licensed and the trails are on government land.:nono:

I have seen lots of kids riding there, how did you get around it ? :confused:

Any input would be appreciated. I would like us to get our son a sled and give his oldy to his little sister. Only if there is a proper way around it.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are riding on PUBLIC/Government land you will need plates and insurance on each sled. In your backyard you need nothing. Riding the ASA local club trails you also need a trail pass from them. Thanks

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Parkland County has some bylaw, which includes Seba area, and they said my kids can't ride their snowmobiles legally at the trails because they are not fully licensed and the trails are on government land.:nono:

I have seen lots of kids riding there, how did you get around it ? :confused:

Any input would be appreciated. I would like us to get our son a sled and give his oldy to his little sister. Only if there is a proper way around it.

They also must be accompanied by an adult and wear helmets. There was a thread addressing this some time ago and I believe someone posted parklands actual requirements.
You can check out there website and it will explain all you want to know.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i was told by the bylaw guy last week that you have to have a class 5 but i bet a 6 would do!!

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made a new post, as I just spoke with an Off-Highway officer in Parkland County.
Please see Trailseeker's Riding Laws in Parkland County.

Thanks,

Top Bottom