... a very strange request....

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is a very strange request.... but i don't know who to ask anymore...

I am making a memorial plaque for our past president of the SSA for the new cabin on the microwave. He was involved in a lot of different clubs in our area and he spearheaded the fund raising for this new cabin. He passed away quading with us last June so we are dedicating this cabin to him.

I can't write poems or anything like that so i went on the net to find memorial quotes and i can't find anything to put on the engraving portion of the plaque. Has anyone ever had to do this before? Does anyone have any ideas or link that can direct me in the right direction?? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Signed, Stumped.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did one for a friend who passed away last dec in revvy

In Fond memory of_________ gone but not forgotten

some times keeping things simple is best:)

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of Versus I have used...and might not be what your looking for.

The Champion’s Creed
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed.
And the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion
to the number of times I can fail
and keep trying.

THERE IS A MARVELOUS STORY of a man who once stood before God, his heart breaking from the pain and injustice in the world.
“Dear God,” he cried out, “look at all the suffering, the anguish and distress in the in the world. Why don’t you send help. ?”
God responded, “I did send help. I sent you.”

OUR DEEPEST FEAR is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone, and as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others

I also used the following and a dedication:

John Doe 1950 - 2010

This _________is being donated in dedication to our good friend John Doe.
He was an example of the kind of person the world needs more of.

We place a picture of him ...

RIP

From your friends.....

Let us know your progress.... someone may have some suggestions....

Sorry for your loss......

Mud Mum

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a great guy.

I Googled "Memorial Quotes" there are a number of links.
On one of the sites I found something simple yet very nice.

"There are no goodbyes for us, wherever you are, you will always be in our hearts."

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I dont know the place or the fella, but "On the microwave" made me chuckel a little bit.

The first thing that poped into my head was "No Metal"

Anyway..Sorry for your loss, I like the "losted but never forgoten".

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I dont know the place or the fella, but "On the microwave" made me chuckel a little bit.

DITTO whats up with the microwave thing:confused:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's the name of the mountain. Make the drive and you will see why-- that place will nuke your brain and make you an addict forever!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the name of the mountain. Make the drive and you will see why-- that place will nuke your brain and make you an addict forever!!

That makes WAY more sense now...I was like you didnt care for him much if your putting plaque on the microwave door!

VERY cool to have a plaque made in your honor.:d:beer:
Mine will be of the bottom of the chitter seat lid...if you stick your head in there you can read it clear as day!:eek:

canadakevin

Reaction score
Not an easy task - I would say simple is a good way to go - unless you find something that just "nails it" and only you and your heart would know that.

I think it is awesome that you all are doing this for a freind.

Kevin

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry.... I guess I should have said what "the microwave" is.... It is one of our main riding areas.... both in winter and summer. These are a few pics, the first is of the new cabin that will be dedicated to him.... the second is the area looking from the belcony over the area and the third is a picture of John the day he died... he is the center guy in the white shirt. It was really weird looking thru these pics.... I take a lot of pictures, and I went thru the day and then they all of a sudden end! One minute he was with us and then next minute he was gone. We take life for granted, who knows when our time will come. I miss him bursting in the door and making some witty remark to make me laugh. Making this plaque has been very hard. His favorite saying was "smile.... it bugs people! " Sorry for babbling, I'd better quit before i cry....

Attachments

• DIGI0011.jpg
    DIGI0011.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 76316_10150303775865323_587020322_15119427_3337320_n.jpg
    76316_10150303775865323_587020322_15119427_3337320_n.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DIGI0016.jpg
    DIGI0016.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 124

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know this is a very strange request.... but i don't know who to ask anymore...

I am making a memorial plaque for our past president of the SSA for the new cabin on the microwave. He was involved in a lot of different clubs in our area and he spearheaded the fund raising for this new cabin. He passed away quading with us last June so we are dedicating this cabin to him.

I can't write poems or anything like that so i went on the net to find memorial quotes and i can't find anything to put on the engraving portion of the plaque. Has anyone ever had to do this before? Does anyone have any ideas or link that can direct me in the right direction?? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Signed, Stumped.

I personally can't write worth a ........

Send a PM to "littleyellafella" She is amazing in writing poems, off the top of her head, with a little input from other's. It may make for a nice tribute plaque to him, on a wall in the cabin.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry.... I guess I should have said what "the microwave" is.... It is one of our main riding areas.... both in winter and summer. These are a few pics, the first is of the new cabin that will be dedicated to him.... the second is the area looking from the belcony over the area and the third is a picture of John the day he died... he is the center guy in the white shirt. It was really weird looking thru these pics.... I take a lot of pictures, and I went thru the day and then they all of a sudden end! One minute he was with us and then next minute he was gone. We take life for granted, who knows when our time will come. I miss him bursting in the door and making some witty remark to make me laugh. Making this plaque has been very hard. His favorite saying was "smile.... it bugs people! " Sorry for babbling, I'd better quit before i cry....

I'm so sorry for your loss I did not mean to make lite of it at all. Sounds like my kind of guy!

As I was reading your post I thought of the way I did my company stuff, some metal, some stainless. Terry @ lazermann can burn up anything u can imagine, even take her a picture and she can zap it out. Here a couple examples I think it cost me $20 for the blue metal and $15 for the SS..I think anyway it was cheap.
Just a thought. I use her for alot of stuff...I never cut out brackets anymore by the time you torch it out grind it and buy the metal its like $5 differance. She can do up to 1 inch thick of lo grade metal plate.
Hope it helps a little!:beer:

Attachments

• robs phone 155.jpg
    robs phone 155.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 92
  • robs phone 153.jpg
    robs phone 153.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 89
  • robs phone 154.jpg
    robs phone 154.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 94

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i think that his favorite saying should be on the plaque along with whatever else you decide.

i am also sorry to hear of your loss

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
i think that his favorite saying should be on the plaque along with whatever else you decide.

i am also sorry to hear of your loss

X2......

In fact... that may be all you need,

In Memory of _________

"Smile, it bugs people"

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally can't write worth a ........

Send a PM to "littleyellafella" She is amazing in writing poems, off the top of her head, with a little input from other's. It may make for a nice tribute plaque to him, on a wall in the cabin.

QT.... I can't find any member by that name..... give me a hint :) or send me a link to her profile.

You guys have been great.... I like the idea of keeping it simple, and I like the couple of quotes that you suggested.

"John Doe 1950 - 2010

This _________is being donated in dedication to our good friend John Doe.
He was an example of the kind of person the world needs more of.

We place a picture of him ...

RIP

From your friends....."

"There are no goodbyes for us, wherever you are, you will always be in our hearts."

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice i think you have it

if you get stuck for a plaque let me know have some connections w/ cnc machines and flat brass plates:)

Top Bottom