90cc 2 stoke polaris quad?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the boy a small quad and wondering how the 2 strokes are for reliability and maintenance? top ends need to be done often?

I like the idea of the extra pep for him but leaning to 4 stroke just for the reliability end. any info would help.

thanks all!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Are they oil injected or do you have to mix the fuel?

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What brand? These are not high performance 2 strokes so I would bet the top end interval would be 100 plus hrs. probably 200 hrs.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the main ones ive been looking at are the Polaris predators....around 2005 ish.
they were peppy little machines. top end rebuild is easy and really quite inexpensive. you pretty much have to run them out of oil to cabbage that engine. between the exhaust and the head was a little restrictor plate that would cake off with carbon. throw that in the scrap pail. the exhaust itself would goo up with oily sludge also. tub of carb cleaner and a good soak fixes that. the 4 stroke 110 efi is a good machine but you will not find one reasonably cheap unless its totally wore out.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Air cooled? I would think top end life would be very good.
For a kid I would probably go with a 4 stroke though just because the torque band is easier to manage.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
they were peppy little machines. top end rebuild is easy and really quite inexpensive. you pretty much have to run them out of oil to cabbage that engine. between the exhaust and the head was a little restrictor plate that would cake off with carbon. throw that in the scrap pail. the exhaust itself would goo up with oily sludge also. tub of carb cleaner and a good soak fixes that. the 4 stroke 110 efi is a good machine but you will not find one reasonably cheap unless its totally wore out.
I've seen the 110's and the pricing. that's why I'm leaning to the 90 2 stroke. especially as my kid will probably be done with it and want to move on in 2 years. he's 7 now and it jumping over form an old Honda 70 4 speed so not worried about him handling it.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen the 110's and the pricing. that's why I'm leaning to the 90 2 stroke. especially as my kid will probably be done with it and want to move on in 2 years. he's 7 now and it jumping over form an old Honda 70 4 speed so not worried about him handling it.
he'll have fun on a two stroke. they rip pretty good.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have neighbors ?... My new neighbors have 2 kids that lap their acreage round and round agh...

Top Bottom