2021 twin rail Alpha / Mountain Max

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to install a iceage elevate rails and most likely a 3.5 pitch track to hopefully use the stock drivers.

Which track works the best? Snow firm/some powder seems to be the flavour these days.

I was thinking a lynx 165x15x3. 3.5 pitch track?
Or i might stick with 162 powerclaw and swap drivers.

IMG_2491.jpeg

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to install a iceage elevate rails and most likely a 3.5 pitch track to hopefully use the stock drivers.

Which track works the best? Snow firm/some powder seems to be the flavour these days.

I was thinking a lynx 165x15x3. 3.5 pitch track?
Or i might stick with 162 powerclaw and swap drivers.

View attachment 286687
Lynx track. Dawson tried quite a few tracks last year and the doo track was his favourite for most conditions. Have a cut down g5 track on mine and it works really good. 3.5 pitch just works so good compared to the 3” powerclaw. Could always clip your alpha track to a twin rail. Seen one the gram.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lynx track. Dawson tried quite a few tracks last year and the doo track was his favourite for most conditions. Have a cut down g5 track on mine and it works really good. 3.5 pitch just works so good compared to the 3” powerclaw. Could always clip your alpha track to a twin rail. Seen one the gram.
Oh I guess hey. Never thought about that. Interesting.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a PITA to window and clip an Alpha track but Turblue is the guy to give it a shot. Maybe motivate me to do the same. I just picked up a new one so have a spare 165 I could do it to.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m getting to that age where it sounds like too much work. Lol. I’ll have a close look at it and see. What’s an alpha 165 track and rail worth these days? I won’t be going back.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just paid $700 for a decent used 165 track but I feel like that is a deal. Only other used 165 I've seen in W Canada is $1400.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be interested in the track for the right price, mines fine but it’s only a matter of time with boost to it and may be a sweetener on selling the thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the heat shields and insulation off the pipe. Crazy how rusty they get. Off to top gun coatings.
IMG_3904.jpeg

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you using a tarp? I have never had rusting pipes. Always tarped on deck or enclosed trailer. No way that pipe rusted without exposure to road salt many, many times.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Say it with me: JAWS, JAWS, JAWS!!!
If you like melted plastics everywhere maybe. I have jaws pipe on my sled and it melted the crap out of the hood by the 1/4 turn on the left hand side. I even had mine JetHot ceramic coated.

I rode with a guy this spring who had a 2.6" powerclaw punched and clipped and he was running it on his Polaris. Need to get the newer style tracks with the two smaller ports not the old style large port.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My plastics are just fine with the jaws pipe. But I’m not a flippity flip flop slam the sled on its left side every 10’ rider so maybe that’s difference….

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine ceramic coated as well but knew they had a reputation for being melty so I aluminum taped the crap out of any plastic that the pipe came close to. No issues after doing that.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to get the chaincase out …the only way I see this happening is to pop the primary off , unbolt the plastic bracket holding the jack shaft and pulling the shaft out. Or am I missing something?

I ordered a puller but hasn’t shown up yet.

IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3935.jpeg

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have one Jaws pipe set left if your interested. Retail is $739 plus shipping, $600 plus shipping. 10hp.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks but at this point in my sledding career I’d probably go G5 turbo or boost for more power. Feel the difference.
I have two 2019 sleds, one with jaws pipe, linderman tune, clutching, light weight goodies, and going from that sled to a stock one i was suprising the difference. If you think you wouldn't feel the difference you should try one with it side by side with yours.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two 2019 sleds, one with jaws pipe, linderman tune, clutching, light weight goodies, and going from that sled to a stock one i was suprising the difference. If you think you wouldn't feel the difference you should try one with it side by side with yours.

They do make a difference for sure, ran speedwerx and SLP full pipe setups with tunes and clutching etc. on many cats. But they just don’t give the giggle factor like boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks but at this point in my sledding career I’d probably go G5 turbo or boost for more power. Feel the difference.
The difference between a stock CTEC and a tuned/piped CTEC is definitely noticeable but no it certainly won't hang with a factory turbo.

Top Bottom