2010 Dodge Ram headlites

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
im a little disappointed but the truck has a crazy set of low beams...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else that owns a 2010 Ram a bit disappointed with thier hi beams?

Yes, old rams were brighter. I put my old PIAA bulbs in and it is now noticeably brighter. I'm still considering HID lights. Anyone have experience with this?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havnt found a dodge truck yet that has a decent set of stock headlights. I put a set of silverstar ultra bulbs in the in laws when i used it last winter cause you couldn't hardly see anything compared to chevy truck. It's important to see lots around here as we have alot of moose and such that like to hide out in the ditches.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Low beams and fog lights, only time i turn the highs on is if it a black night otherwise they are usless. Heard that the piaa's are a good upgrade.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running one of the relay kits on there dodge that puts both h & l beams on when you turn on your high beams? I run this realy set-up in my chevy and absolutely love it. The one i have is made by painless wiring and it cost like 35.00

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys running that down here in cranbrook I use it on my chev as well and works great only other thing I can suggest other HID's are 2 lightforce ligths mounted on the bumper and u will have no more troubles seeing at nite :d

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, old rams were brighter. I put my old PIAA bulbs in and it is now noticeably brighter. I'm still considering HID lights. Anyone have experience with this?
No don't waste your money on hids......IMO there really not worth the hassle...if you get stuck with* a bad pack or a short or a battery draw as i have in the past you will curse the day you had ever put em in......sure the* upgrade bulbs burn out the odd pig tail..but at least you'll have light.....when my hids left me* I had nothing. not to mention you lose the DTRL on the stick.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've got DDM tuning HID in my 2008 dodge service truck. Love the lights, but had a couple of issues with them not lighting up once and a while. I think I have them figured out now, but I pack a set of PIAA bulbs in the truck, in case something goes sideways with the HID. I paid 130US for the headlights and fog lights shipped to my door from Cali. Came with all balasts, bulbs, and a wiring harness for the high/low beam headlights. I have the 55W ballasts for the headlights, its like driving during the day!!! but it may be a little to much with on coming traffic, or if you are following some one.

I have ran PIAA in every thing I own, from trucks, to bikes to the wifes vehicle, one of the best upgrades you can do to a vehicle IMO. With the new headlight housing designs, they are very bright and project very well.... I have ran the silverstars and other types, and wouldn't even waste my time with those lights, you may as well buy OEM replacements, spend the extra 40 and buy the PIAA's.... but that is my opinion

Top Bottom