2008 Nytro Zbros front end??

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one have a zbros front end on thier Nytro, and if so any issues on the install?
Was told they will just bolt up, find the bushings are wrong size on upper a arms and that the OEM shocks wont line up in the same spot on the sub frame and if they want to be used needs another bracket purchased etc.
By the time i get the bushing purchased and the relocating brackets and or new shocks its getting to be more than I counted on. Why cant the dealers get their SH*! to gether when lying to a guy. Sleds been sitting in parts while I try to track down back ordered parts and get things machined etc:mad: Should have went timber sled

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
mite have gotten the wrong kit. the old nytro shocks mite not be compatable with the new kit that requires floats.

straight off zbros website...

----------------------------------------------------------------

[h=3]Product Description[/h]
THESE ARS FX A ARMS ARE BUILT FROM CHROMOLY AND TIG WELDED. THEY MEASURE 40" FROM THE CENTER OF SPINDLE. THEY OFFER MORE GROUND CLEARANCE AND DURABILITY OVER YOUR STOCK ARMS. THEY ALSO COME WITH NEW PIVOT BUSHINGS THAT WILL LAST MUCH LONGER THAN STOCK. THIS KIT ALSO INCLUDES CNC MACHINED SPINDLES WITH NEW BALL JOINTS. THE SPINDLE HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO CHANGE THE GEOMETRY OF THE FRONT END MAKING IT MORE STABLE IN CORNERS AND OVERALL IMPROVING THE HANDLING OF THE MACHINE.
CAN BE USED WITH STOCK 2009 OR OLDER MTX 17.250 LENGTH SHOCKS. ALSO ALL 2010-2012 MODELS HAVE THIS LENGTH SHOCK TOO, OR TO COMPLETE THE PACKAGE ADD SOME EXIT SHOCKS THAT ARE CUSTOM VALVED TO YOUR RIDER WEIGHT.
THIS ARM KIT MEASURES 39.75" WIDE. THIS MEASUREMENT IS FROM CENTER OF SPINDLE TO CENTER OF SPINDLE WHILE THE SLED IS ON THE GROUND. 08-09 model MTX will require the use of upper A arm pivot pin #8HK-23373-00-00, This part is off all 2010 and newer model Nytros. This part is not included so if you are putting the kit on an 08-09 MTX you need two of these parts.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you need the larger diameter upper a-arm bushings if its 2009 or older says right on there site, I had to order the larger bushings as well for my 2008 or just have some machined up if you have access to a lathe.. You also need spherical upper shock mount bearings on your shocks if you dont already have them on aftermarket shocks.. I had the z-bros shocks already so it wasnt a problem.. then you can mount upper end in original place on subframe or in front oforiginal mount using a spacer an longer bolt..

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a set on my 08 Nytro. Not too happy about the whole deal either. I called Nathan or Laramie at ZBroz direct, But make sure you talk to Nathan he knows his shat!!
I just machined some new bushings, but i you can get the stock from 15mm to 18mm from the newer sleds. As far as the shock mounts go. If you have a plus 3!! And if your not using Zbros shocks you will need a bushing to put in place of the top mount which will move the shock to the outside of the shock tower. Which looks really bush. So I just bought shocks to go with front end. Also when its installed try and see if your steering hits the lower shock mount on the lower A-Arm. (Both Sides) Had a conversation with Laramie about that. He said I must have something installed wrong. I was geting rather pissd about the whole deal now. So i sent pics to Nathan and they are sending me new lower A-Arms beacause there fabricator didn't didn't set the material in the jigs correct and that causes both steering arms to hit the lower shock mounts. Also Im going to change out my steering rods and replace with longer 2010 rods. If need more info PM and ill see if I can help you out. They should definalty be more clear about the upgrade when you talk to them about it. They don't care they just wanna sell them. Pissed me right off!!

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Nathan today about the tie rods touching the lower a-arms when steering is cranked all the way left or right he said they might make some smaller diameter tie rods.. My left side barely touches when im turned all the way left right side is good.. Im not to concerned, its very rare that i'll turn that far left or right anyway

MRFUSION

Reaction score
Just installed a plus 3 kit on my Nypex and same issue, the steering rods are touching my lower a arms on both sides when fully turned. I run it but it is damaging my tie rods and dont want a bend on the rod causing it to give out when I really need it. I will have to call them again I guess. They could use some instructions for sure. You shouldnt have to go online or google pictures to assemble the kit. I am happy with the handling and workmanship on product.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your input. I have it all ready to ride, but it sure would have saved me time not second guessing or just knowing what all was required for the install upfront can't believe this day and age that something can't be built more than 90% correctly fittedThe price dont reflect the install. Hope the handling does. Thumbs down for my first Zbros product

Top Bottom