180 mcx Nytro. Idle issues and can only get to 7300rpm

theflamanguy

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to s&m, hope you can help me out.

I had the scavenge pump come off mag side last March. So i checked/replaced rod bearings, mag cover and new pump. At same time, installed new donuts and lighter BOV spring from Thistledoo. Sled starts fine and when warm idles down to around 1000rpm, will run till 7000ish rpm and then fall flat. cant feather it past. have seen 8-9000rpm only a cpl times. put 150 miles on sled this weekend running it this way...any help would be appreciated. Thinking i have a fuel issue. Not sure what to rule out first. I'm thinking bad injector and maybe the sea foam fix or???? Any thoughts
TFG

theflamanguy

Reaction score
wow! nobody wants to take a guess even??? How about a leak at the crankcase or mag side cover? one guy ive talked to thinks this is what it is, but how does a leak at the halves affect a 4 stroke? I would think more detrimental to a 2 smoke. could this be it. looking for simple solutions first then cracking/resealing halves again? please help if you have an idea
Thanks

looneyrod27

Reaction score
check all your vaccum lines from your map sensors right to your mcx box. Also check your IAC Idle air control unit, make sure that the line is not kinked off.

Top Bottom