02 rmk upgrade

rs1

Reaction score
My 02 800 rmk 151" is going to turn into a 159". I will be putting on"extrovert drivers and 8" two wheel kit. What is the best way to do this? Cut the tips off and add extensions or move the skid back 2". If moving back where to start and how to get the right angles.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
And If You're Goin' To Doo That, Might As Well Put A 16" Wide Track On, So You Can Better Keep Up With The Big Boys;).... Maybe Sledbunny Will Come On, Cause He Did All Of The Above........

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
In the late fall I upgraded from the stock 151" track to a 159" x 16" x 2" track. I extended the rails to 156", kept the stock drivers and went to an 8" wheel kit (better rolling resistance using stock drivers and 8" rear wheels). It's a tight fit but it sure hauls butt in the deeper snow.
It fits nicely and I didn't even have to extend the tunnel.
Here are some photos.
And If You're Goin' To Doo That, Might As Well Put A 16" Wide Track On, So You Can Better Keep Up With The Big Boys;).... Maybe Sledbunny Will Come On, Cause He Did All Of The Above........

Attachments

• IMG_8793_1.jpg
    IMG_8793_1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_8794_1.jpg
    IMG_8794_1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8795_1.jpg
    IMG_8795_1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_8797_1.jpg
    IMG_8797_1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 138

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sure, I'm on a happy note and then you throw that little doozy at me...lol
I'm waiting for my cylinder to get here. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow and allowing me enough time to install the motor before we leave for Sicamous on Friday morning...hopefully.
How did your motor repairs go Sledbunny?

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't cut off the tips, cause once you do that the rails are more prone to stabbing thru the track. there is a kit called an antistabbing kit to help to prevent this. i would move your suspension back and get an offset axle for 8" wheels.

rs1

Reaction score
I was going to go with 8" wheels on the back but two instead of three. The 159x15x2 1/8 are on a good deal right now. I was going to change the drivers when I had everything apart as I would like to gear it down also. If the stock drivers are good or other options to run the track as loose as possible.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
At 2-1/8 your correct, you'll have to change the drivers.
I was going to go with 8" wheels on the back but two instead of three. The 159x15x2 1/8 are on a good deal right now. I was going to change the drivers when I had everything apart as I would like to gear it down also. If the stock drivers are good or other options to run the track as loose as possible.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Had a pretty good scratch in it. Because it's ported I had it refinished so it will continue to match the other cylinder. It's a waiting game tight now. I might be installing it the night I leave..who knows.
LOL....Sorry for adding a little salt to the wound....:p Was the cylinder damaged badly? Anyway best of luck getting it back together and have a good trip to Sicamous.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a pretty good scratch in it. Because it's ported I had it refinished so it will continue to match the other cylinder. It's a waiting game tight now. I might be installing it the night I leave..who knows.

You can always work in the trailer while someone else is driving ;) :D

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the same track and didn't have to change drivers, i put on extroverts 9 tooth and don't have any clearance issues

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it think the 02 chaincase is more rolled back than 01. if i remember correctly had about 3/8" clearance. not lots but enough

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I think your right and that would explain why you can put the 2-1/8 inch lug under it.
Well it doesn't matter either way this weekend, with out my motor being finished I'm on the 700 rmk in Sicamous. It will be fun anyway. I'll get the motor in next week and be ready for McBride at the end of the month.

it think the 02 chaincase is more rolled back than 01. if i remember correctly had about 3/8" clearance. not lots but enough

Top Bottom