North of Edson

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Thanks Garry your a great tour leader/planner! :beer:

We'll come over there in the truck Friday night to meet everyone and scope things out. I'd like to go cross country on the ATVs on Sat. PM'd you my cell.

We always carry spare gas now. Ask Canmando! I towed the husband home the first day! Tee Hee:p

Catmando; No worries we have a lake lot at long lake now and we'll be there most of the summer and fall! :theCabin:

Rubirose; will email you the map shortly.

Can't wait!:specool:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this meet and guided quad tours this coming weekend, May 29-31? If so would you mind another couple and 1 kid tagging along? Would like to get out camping and quadding this coming weekend and the weather looks like it is suppose to be nice, gotta take advantage of the sunny days before work picks up again.

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Hi Crazy-wheeler,

I don't see why not!:) The more families the better! I see your in Stony too. It's great to meet more quaders from Stony to hook up with for day trips etc. You mentioned a kid, boy or girl? How old? Our son is coming and he's 9.

Cheers,:beer:

Marlie

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 2 yr old boy who we have trouble keeping away from the quad. He did really well over the may long weekend while we were out on 6-7 hr excursions.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Is this meet and guided quad tours this coming weekend, May 29-31? If so would you mind another couple and 1 kid tagging along? Would like to get out camping and quadding this coming weekend and the weather looks like it is suppose to be nice, gotta take advantage of the sunny days before work picks up again.

I don't have a problem with it, But I am wondering on space. Garryese will know better as there will be 2 units in our group.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No that's me......lol
This is he,
May Long '09 005 (Small).jpg

and us
May Long '09 014 (Small).jpg

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it, But I am wondering on space. Garryese will know better as there will be 2 units in our group.

My wife's brother might come along as well if his unit is ready by friday. A new 26ft unit which needed to go in for repairs already and something else needing to be installed, he has only pulled it down the road once.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have our club thanksgiving ride at this spot most years, so yes lots of room. We can line up trailers along the pipeline if have to.

Crazywheeler, do you understand the directions? I am leaving Edson shortly after 5:00pm if you want to follow me out.

I'll PM you my cell number.

Edit, Rubirose is coming out from Stony Plain as well. You could save a few miles by hooking up with her and Dean.

Last edited:

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Great pictures! Red hair and ready to ride!:)

My husband will be jealous of your Polaris side-by-side! He wants one of those now. I don't know why my son and I have our own quads and don't plan in riding with him! :)

Glad to hear there is lots of camping space there. I love these impromptu trips!:)

I'm going to have to do some research. I don't know how to up load pictures to posts yet.

Our toyhauler spent more time at the dealership the first 2 years we had it than it spent hauling toys! Let's hope he's luckier than us!

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
I figured out how to up load! Yay! :d

This is last year in Norgdegg.

Attachments

• 100_1740.jpg
    100_1740.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_1732.jpg
    100_1732.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_1713.jpg
    100_1713.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 86

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Directions by words: As you come into Edson, turn right just after you slow to 80km/h. Maker another right on hwy 748 (towards Whitecourt). Turn left on Tom Hill Tower Road (it is signed). Keep following this past the end of the gravel, past to two bridges that are very close together, past the Long Lake Rd (Signed). About two miles past the Long Lake Rd the road turns a slow left, then a slow right, followed by a 90 degree left. Turn right onto a road in the middle of that 90 degree turn. There is some camping just over the bridge on the right (1/2km from 90 turn) and a another (better, IMO) camping area on the left just past the pipline (1km from the 90 turn). OR another option, you can go past Peers and turn left at hwy 748 and a right at the Long Lake Road (signed and the speed limit goes from 100 to 90) and follow that to the Tom Hill Road and turn right and follow the the last part of the directions above.

If these are the directions to the camping spot, I understand them. What time are you planning on leaving Stony Plain Rubirose? I'm thinking about getting away from home around 1 pm friday.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on that Rubirose....:d. Majority of stuff is loaded and all that is left is to pick up milk, fresh buns and fuel up the truck, load the RZR, hitch onto the trailer and hwy bound. Brother-in-law and his 3 hoodlums want to join us so it looks like I won't be getting away at 1pm like I wanted to...

See you at the camping spot tomorrow

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
hey wheeler I had my eye on some lots up at long lake. I think i like the area due to the crown land for hunting,quading,skidoo,plus the lake maybe a nice malibu tow boat is in order,and of course the ski hill is close as well. Let me know what you think of the area. Prob head up there mid june for a camping trip to check stuff out.:cool:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder when the forest fire started that went through the bush just west of Niton Junction?

Top Bottom