outlaws vs zilla's ( again)

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were 2 days playing in the really wet muskeggy sloughs, about 9 machines, but the most comparable were 3 outy's and 1 brute. The outlaws on 1 outy were 28's , 10 on front 12 on back, 1 outy 28's 10's all around, 1 outy had mudzilla's 28's, 10 front 12 rear and the brute force 30's mudzilla's all 10's.
The easy concensus; the outlaws seemed to keep pulling and chewing you ahead always trying to create forward motion while the mudzillas seem to just dig you deeper as soon as you lose a bit of forward momentum. When stuck, with the outlaws you could start again and get a bit of back and forth rocking happening, with the mudzillas when stuck you were sitting in four big holes and ain't nothing gonna happen but spinning.
Had a mud pro show up second day but the guy shoulda bought a polaris, he avoided every mudhole like the plague, what a waste.
And once again to the utv guys, yeah right. With enough money spent, you guys can sorta stay with the stock quads with semi aggressive tires in the tuff stuff. The razor's are impressive, fun factor is high but the rest of em......keep em on the trail with the cooler full and the tunes goin. Oh, and when you're bottomed out in the swamp....no, I'm not throwing you my winch cable cause its like draggin a truck. We had 2 T-rex's and 1 rhino with us and 2 razors. The terex's and rhin0 were painfully slow and lots of work to get where we went, the razors outshined em by a mile and the poo guys had fun, winched a lot but they work well, although obviously restricted by their extra width. I gotta wonder if a street legal stripped down CJ with big rubber a lift, belly pan wouldn't go just as far and be as much fun, and you could drive it home, or trailer it, theres getting to be not much size or investment difference.
Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were 2 days playing in the really wet muskeggy sloughs, about 9 machines, but the most comparable were 3 outy's and 1 brute. The outlaws on 1 outy were 28's , 10 on front 12 on back, 1 outy 28's 10's all around, 1 outy had mudzilla's 28's, 10 front 12 rear and the brute force 30's mudzilla's all 10's.
The easy concensus; the outlaws seemed to keep pulling and chewing you ahead always trying to create forward motion while the mudzillas seem to just dig you deeper as soon as you lose a bit of forward momentum. When stuck, with the outlaws you could start again and get a bit of back and forth rocking happening, with the mudzillas when stuck you were sitting in four big holes and ain't nothing gonna happen but spinning.
Had a mud pro show up second day but the guy shoulda bought a polaris, he avoided every mudhole like the plague, what a waste.
And once again to the utv guys, yeah right. With enough money spent, you guys can sorta stay with the stock quads with semi aggressive tires in the tuff stuff. The razor's are impressive, fun factor is high but the rest of em......keep em on the trail with the cooler full and the tunes goin. Oh, and when you're bottomed out in the swamp....no, I'm not throwing you my winch cable cause its like draggin a truck. We had 2 T-rex's and 1 rhino with us and 2 razors. The terex's and rhin0 were painfully slow and lots of work to get where we went, the razors outshined em by a mile and the poo guys had fun, winched a lot but they work well, although obviously restricted by their extra width. I gotta wonder if a street legal stripped down CJ with big rubber a lift, belly pan wouldn't go just as far and be as much fun, and you could drive it home, or trailer it, theres getting to be not much size or investment difference.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine in the ATV world. I have never said this to any S&M member before but "I hope I never meet you on the trail someday".:(

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maybe you should take some time and get your title correct. Zilla's and Mudzilla's are two very different beasts, if your comparing Mudzilla's then say that in the title.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: outlaws vs Mudzilla's ( again)

I stand corrected, they were mudzillas, sorry, No zillas there to compare. And snowdin, you sorta missed the point, you could throw your cable out. But relax, we don't ride much in Whitecourt area so you probably won't have the misfortune to run into me.
Another thing a buddy just reminded me, the samurai with a few mods seem to be a lot of fun and a very capable off road toy.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: outlaws vs Mudzilla's ( again)

Depends what riding in for what I ride in prefer the 10's and 12's for the extra flotation. But if have a bottom the 10's all the way do good.

Top Bottom